01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Push Notification clarity/formatting?

deedpopo

Hi,
I've been using a DS-7216HQHI for a few years and have always received push notifications in a nice readable format such as 'From: Driveway'

I've now added a iDS-7208HUHI but the notifications take the form of 'From :iDS-7208HUHI-K1-4S(serial number) Driveway' which means that on the phone alert, the actual camera name is truncated.

Happens on both IOS and Android iVMS-4200 versions and I can't find a setting to remove the DVR unit number from the push notification in the DVR settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gordon.

Hi @deedpopo

My best suggestion is that you rename the DVR to something short and sweet in Hik-Connect or in its settings in browser view. This thread covers a similar query and how to rename the device: Hik-Connect App Issues - Edit Device Name

I'm not entirely sure how to remove the name entirely, maybe someone else has worked it out.

It's always worth making sure you're running the most up to date firmware and version of Hik-Connect as it often fixes these types of issue.

Instructions on Hik-Connect updates are here (the latest version is not available on the Android store): Hikvision's latest Hik-Connect App updates

The latest firmware for your NVR is here: V4.20.300 HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Hi Kyle and thanks for replying.

Strangely I was able to remove the name completely which i'm sure I had tried before as I had the two DVRs named as 1 and 2 to keep the name short, I was sure it had to be at least 1 character but perhaps this was only in iVMS-4200 since when I click to update camera names it adds a _1 or _2 to the actual name depending on the source.

I also made a silly error in my original post, the iOS and Android apps are Hik-Connect that we are using and incidentally the iOS one seems to get push messages first.

I did try to do an update (I am on V4.20.000 build 181107) having previously tried the online update button in the software, after trying the K8A3 version which SHOULD be mine and failing I tried the K8A4 which also failed, I've had a bit of a look and it appears that mine is an iDS-7208HUHI-K1/4S(A) (not (B)) which seems to have lasted only a week or two before being replaced for being so bad and Hikvision would like to forget ever happened.

Changing the device name made no difference, the only config difference I can see is the Hik-Connect server, the HQHI uses dev.eu.hik-connect.com and the HUHI uses litedev.eu.hik-connect.com, changing the server results in no connection.

Cheers,
Gordon.

Back