01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Question about IP-2385F36A 8mp turret camera

nitrous

Hi Folks,

I am setting up an HIK NVR system using IP-2385 cameras.
a couple of the cameras have noticeable fogging - I will replace the silica adsorbent and reseal them.

But one of the cameras had a thumb print on the front so I gently wiped the smudge off.... to my surprise, the plastic window sank into the housing with almost no pressure.
I'm wondering if this is typical.... or should I contact HIK on amazon and try and get it replaced?

I don't have much trouble putting a little silicone sealant around the perimeter of the housing to reset the plastic window... but again, I was surprised how thin the plastic was.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys,
Doug

to my surprise, the plastic window sank into the housing with almost no pressure.
Thats not normal at all, I've never known the lens window push back like that and for that matter I've never known fogging with a turret. The lens window was clearly not sealed properly. I clean them all the time and am not particularly gentle (though I did once manage to slip and put a screwdriver through the glass when removing one!)

Edit: My reference is to the DS-2CD2385 cameras which are pro models. I just noticed your title - 'IP-2385F36A'. That's not a model number I know so they may be Hilook or third party Hikvision OE models. In that instance I can't comment on their build quality.

I had a quick look - they are a generic model, unbranded. If you got it on Amazon take it up with them as not fit for purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Thats not normal at all, I've never known the lens window push back like that and for that matter I've never known fogging with a turret. The lens window was clearly not sealed properly. I clean them all the time and am not particularly gentle (though I did once manage to slip and put a screwdriver through the glass when removing one!)

Edit: My reference is to the DS-2CD2385 cameras which are pro models. I just noticed your title - 'IP-2385F36A'. That's not a model number I know so they may be Hilook or third party Hikvision OE models. In that instance I can't comment on their build quality.

I had a quick look - they are a generic model, unbranded. If you got it on Amazon take it up with them as not fit for purpose.
thanks for your comments.
probably less hassle to just reglue the window - a little silicone RTV should take care of it.
(but I'll post a comment on Amazon to the vendor)
Take care,
Doug

Back