01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

R6 update for DS-2CD2142FWD-I behaving strangely

Robski

I have a DS-2CD2142FWD-I R6 camera on my network along with a few other R0 cameras.

Recently, I have started using HIk-Connect for remote viewing, which has worked fine on all my other cameras.

However, using R6 firmware v5.5.53 build 180730 I was unable to get the camera to connect to Hik-Connect no matter what I tried. So I upgraded the firmware to v5.5.82 build 190909.

This immediately seemed to fix the connection to Hik-Connect which came online as soon as the camera rebooted following the firmware upgrade.

However, the problem I am now left with is that the camera remote config can only be accessed via a legacy Internet Explorer web session. I get a "Your browser is not supported" message when trying to use either Chrome or MS Edge. Further, IVMS4200 can see the camera in the device search section, but when I add it to the device management section it tells me the camera is offline. However, the camera is not offline as I can see its Live View just fine on my NVR, and I can access the cameras remote configuration using a legacy Internet Explorer session.

Any clues as to what is going on here? As I said, all other R0 cameras on my network are being managed in the exact same way and are behaving normally after I brought them all to the latest firmware version for R0 devices.

Thanks in advance.

Back