01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Record/Capture Error on my DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P NVR?

digital

Model: DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
Live view shows all eight of my cameras but clicking on Playback I get a 'No record file' error. The hard disk shows 0 free space so I have reformatted it. It still shows 0 free space.

Looking at the logs and selecting 'Exception', I am seeing multiple (2000!) 'Record/Capture Error' since 20 March.

The only event I can think of that might have caused this was a power outage on 13 March which would seem to far away to be connected.

Anyone any thoughts on how to get recording going again?

Attachments

• record_error.jpg
    record_error.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 217
Model: DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
Live view shows all eight of my cameras but clicking on Playback I get a 'No record file' error. The hard disk shows 0 free space so I have reformatted it. It still shows 0 free space.

Looking at the logs and selecting 'Exception', I am seeing multiple (2000!) 'Record/Capture Error' since 20 March.

The only event I can think of that might have caused this was a power outage on 13 March which would seem to far away to be connected.

Anyone any thoughts on how to get recording going again?
How old is the system (or the hard disk if it has previously been changed)?

If you go into the storage settings there are some tests you can run which will detect whether the disk has bad sectors. I imagine it may fail those tests. I've had some surveillance drives last not long beyond 3 years and others over 6. You'll probably just need to swap the disk out with a new one. Ensure that you use an approved model such as Seagate Surveillance or Western Digital Purple.

Hi @digital

You can find these tests by going to Configuration > Storage > Storage Management > HDD Detection

We would recommend running the S.M.A.R.T short test first and letting us know the result.

The short self-test appears to be stuck at 90% for the past 15 minutes. Fail?

How old is the system (or the hard disk if it has previously been changed)?

If you go into the storage settings there are some tests you can run which will detect whether the disk has bad sectors. I imagine it may fail those tests. I've had some surveillance drives last not long beyond 3 years and others over 6. You'll probably just need to swap the disk out with a new one. Ensure that you use an approved model such as Seagate Surveillance or Western Digital Purple.
That's popped up with something of a concern. I bought the NVR in October 2021, 528 days ago but the self-test page shows 'Power On: 1853Day(s)' which calculates to February 2018!

After a seriously long wait, the self-test has come up with 'Self-test Status: Read operation failed'. do I assume the hard drive has failed?

Back