01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Recording on HikConnect for Teams?

optimalOP

Good morning to everyone,

I currently have 8 HWI-B180H cameras, installed in 8 different geographical locations, all connected to the HikConnect for teams platform.

I would like to know what I have to do to be able, if possible from the HikConnect platform, to make recordings with all of them and be able to view them.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @optimalOP

Can you please explain a bit more what you mean by "make recordings"? Are you wanting to capture screen recordings of the Hik-Connect Live View or do you actually want to continuously record all the cameras to view the playback in the Hik-Connect app?

Hi @Dan,

Thank you for your reply. I mean that we want to schedule records in all the cameras to view the playback in the Hik-Connect app.

Thanks.

Thanks @optimalOP

To have continuous, scheduled, or event recording in Hik-Connect you need to either have MicroSD cards fitted in each camera or have the cameras connected to NVRs that are added to Hik-Connect.

Hik-Connect does not offer a Cloud recording option and the camera models you have do not support on-board MicroSD storage, so in your case, the only option would be to set up a separate NVR with each of the 8 cameras.

Thanks @Dan,

So, in my case, I understand that I need to install 8 NVR's (one for each camera), connect this NVR's with my HikConnect app, and then I can manage the recording on the platform.

Is that correct?

Correct, the cameras will need to be connected to NVRs and then those NVRs added to Hik-Connect for you to be able to playback scheduled recordings.

In Hik-Connect you have limited control over recording settings & schedules, if you want control of these settings within the app you would need to configure DDNS to access full remote configuration.

Most Hik-Connect users configure their cameras & NVRs by logging into them directly via browser or iVMS-4200 and then just use the app for remote monitoring.

Good afternoon Dan,

Is it possible to manage HikVision recordings through other cloud platform, different from HikConnect?

Hi @optimalOP

Possibly, if the 3rd-party Cloud recording supports ONVIF cameras then it should be possible to add the Hikvision cameras.

But in regards to how much control of the cameras you would have in that 3rd-party platform, you would need to check with your chosen Cloud service provider.

Back