01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Rented property CCTV mobile phone access?

Covdad

Hi
My Daughter rents a property out in Dorset. The CCTV was put in by a previous owner due to next door neighbour problems. Does anything exist so she could still use the CCTV and remotely get it on her phone without having to have internet in the property?

Thanks

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Hi @Covdad

Do you have any details of the models she has?
Does the system also have an NVR/recorder?
Are all the cameras directly connected to the ports on the recorder?

Hi @Covdad

Do you have any details of the models she has?
Does the system also have an NVR/recorder?
Are all the cameras directly connected to the ports on the recorder?
Hi Dan

Thanks for speedy reply

No idea of the model of camera x 4.
It does have an NVR.
MODEL DS-7204HQHI-F1/N/A
I think they are directly fitted to the ports only because I have seen playback footage when she lived there but only from monitor.

Hi Dan

Thanks for speedy reply

No idea of the model of camera x 4.
It does have an NVR.
MODEL DS-7204HQHI-F1/N/A
I think they are directly fitted to the ports only because I have seen playback footage when she lived there but only from monitor.
Hi

Was any other info required as it’s gone quiet for a few weeks.

Hi @Covdad

Apologies, we have been very busy with our customers and lots of other forum questions.

The system you have is actually an analog/COAX system (probably because of the lack of internet) and I don't think there will be any way to view that system remotely without an internet connection.

To view a Hikvision DVR on the Hik-Connect mobile app the DVR needs to either connect with the Hik-Connect cloud portal or be port forwarded, but both of these require a router and internet connection.

Back