01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Replaced my Hikvision DVR, cannot see my cameras now?

SHare75

Help needed

2 years ago I had a HIKVISION 4 Channel DVR DS-7204HUHI-K1/P with 2 x HIKVISION 5MP POC HD Turret Dome Cameras installed by a company costing just over £700 (plus they wanted to charge another £150pa for the IP address, which i stopped after the first year, because i worked out how to set it up myself and view remotely on my mobile).

The box stopped working (kept rebooting every 2/3 minutes) this week so i looked up what the issue could be which pointed me in the direction of a firmware updated needed. So i attempted to update the firmware but unfortunately it rebooted just before the firmware update could finish (Now BRICKED the DVR).

I contacted the company who installed it and they said i voided the warranty by doing the update myself and now need a new dvr box (They wanted to charge me another £450 for dvr box plus install).

Not wanting to spend that much money, I purchased a another Hikvision DVR iDS-7208HQHI-K1/4S(C) myself, but I'm now struggling to get my cameras to show any images. I'm not sure how to reset them up with the new dvr and not 100% sure if i have configured my IP addresses etc correctly. Im pretty technically minded which is why i gave this a go but this is now doing my head in!

Tutorials and google searches are not finding what i'm trying to do

Any advice/help greatly appreciated

OH BuM!

I dont suppose you know of any alternative solutions to my predicament other than forking out on buying a compatible dvr. I stupidly assumed a similar model would have worked.

Is it possible to just replace the harddrive in my old dvr and install the software/firmware myself?

change my poc cameras? but to what?

Upvote 0
I would get rid of the new DVR if I were you - return it back if you're still within the return period or flog it online. It only supports up to 4MP lite as opposed to 8MP with your old DVR.

There is no real way to get your POC cameras working with a non-POC DVR without going through effort. You can re-run shotgun coax cable but it'd be silly to do this and I would rather run network cable with baluns to future proof if you are looking to stick with analogue. The other option is to power the cameras locally by running 12v power to them.

In my experience and seeing the number of failures with Hikvision analogue and POC DVRs from the era of your dead DVR, I would look online for a cheap second hand or new replacement M1 model from my post above

Upvote 0
I would get rid of the new DVR if I were you - return it back if you're still within the return period or flog it online. It only supports up to 4MP lite as opposed to 8MP with your old DVR.

There is no real way to get your POC cameras working with a non-POC DVR without going through effort. You can re-run shotgun coax cable but it'd be silly to do this and I would rather run network cable with baluns to future proof if you are looking to stick with analogue. The other option is to power the cameras locally by running 12v power to them.

In my experience and seeing the number of failures with Hikvision analogue and POC DVRs from the era of your dead DVR, I would look online for a cheap second hand or new replacement M1 model from my post above
Thankyou so much for your help! I purchased your recommended model and im back up and running now

Upvote 0
Back