01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Replacement Ethernet and Power cable for DS-2CD2042WD-1 camera

Jan J

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I'm looking at purchasing a used camera. Thought it works, it's Ethernet and Power cable is in pretty poor shape....
Was wondering if there is either:
A schematic of this cable available, so I could repair it, if no replacement is available....
Or.... Is there some where I could purchase a replacement cable for it.... ???
I've dis-assembled camrea before, when my first camera had the stuck restet button by mis routed wires....

Thanks much!

That’s great but my issue is both Ethernet and power cable as well as the connecting cable. Replacement would be the best alternative

I'm looking at purchasing a used camera. Thought it works, it's Ethernet and Power cable is in pretty poor shape....
Was wondering if there is either:
A schematic of this cable available, so I could repair it, if no replacement is available....
Or.... Is there some where I could purchase a replacement cable for it.... ???
I've dis-assembled camrea before, when my first camera had the stuck restet button by mis routed wires....

Thanks much!

I'm afraid we cannot source replacement parts from Hikvision.
Products have to go back for repair.
If they are out of warranty, then the paid-for repair option is usually not cost-effective.
i.e. You might as well buy a new replacement camera.

Ok. How about a schematic then? I can roll my own replacement cable and connectors then???

This isn’t anything unusual. When I worked at ABC-TV we did this kind of thing all the time. It has nothing to do with warranty issues or company secrets at all. It is something necessary for connection to the outside world. We did this With, or without MFG approval.
I see no company secrets being revealed by asking for a pjnout of power and Ethernet connection.

Thanks for any document or link

I think it's all there in that earlier link.
Power lead is 12 volts DC / centre pin positive.

I’m still negotiating for camera. It would appear that at some time Camera was supported by cord. Cord has wear spots to internal wiring along with prerequisite corrosion. They claim cam is operational
If—If I get Camera I’ll want to replace wiring with new equal or better wiring.
I may become your wiring schematic.
Can you tell me if they kept same color codes for wiring, or is that random, too?
It will make my reverse engineered schematic more pertinent if same color code was used.
Thanks!

Once I read the complete thread you linked to Phil, I see there may be at least 2 different color codes. None of the posts were concerned with ext power connection though.
As, if, and when I get camera, I’ll post indicating what i find and what works.
Thanks

Update on the camera. I did get one used, but not the one with frayed cables. That one just suddenly disappeared. But another like new 2042 did show up, and I bought it. Told them to keep an eye out for other one in case it turns up again.

Back