01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Replacing Hikvision NVR with blue iris, but the software cannot find them?

Ahoy

I'm replacing an old hikvsion NVR with a blue iris system on my PC.

Ive moved the cameras onto a POE switch and connected that to my computer.

With the Hikvsion SADP software I can see the cameras. But Blue Iris cant find them. Aswel if i just type the IP address into a web browser it times out and doesn't find the camera either

1605113758270.png
1605113772506.png

Your cameras all still have NVR domain range IP addresses i.e. the IP address that the NVR issued to them when they were plugged directly into the back of the NVR.
Using SADP, select each camera/row at a time and using the fly-out from the RHS set it to DHCP and then Save.
This will cause your router to issue the camera with an IP address on your general network.
We would recommend that after allowing the the router to issue an address (DHCP = Dynamic Host Control Protocol) you then untick DHCP and Save again - thereby fixing each camera at the given IP address.
Your Blue Iris software should then be able to find and add your cameras.

Upvote 0
Hi @Ahoy

You need to change the IPv4 Gateway for each camera in SADP to be your router's IP address.

You'll also need to change the IPv4 address so that they are in your LAN's IP range, rather than the NVR's range, which they look like they are currently. The quickest way to do this is to enable DHCP in SADP when you select one of the cameras, which will assign it a valid address automatically, once the Gateways are all correct.

You should also plug the switch into your router, rather than your PC.

Upvote 0
Back