01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Residential door camera with chime

Cadjockeygm

Hi

i have a HIK DS-7604 NVR and cameras which work perfectly.
I now want a camera by the door Which can record to the nvr. Must be able to trigger a chime either mechanical or digital not just app. Intercom nice but not essential I was looking for the DS-KB6003-WIP which seemed ideal, but it’s now obsolete and out of stock. The replacement DS-KB6403-WIP doesn’t appear to support mechanical chimes of any type! Are there any other options or workarounds?

Prefer to use HIK-connect as others already on there

Rich

Hikvision DS-KIS603-P video intercom villa door station kit is what you're looking for.

Works very very well. Records to my NVR. Let me know if you have any questions.

Well it will work stand alone however I would recommend using the indoor station as your chime. With it being wifi, the indoor station is quite easy to set up. Although I understand it isn't quite as simple as ring's chime.

Other than this, I'm not really aware of any, good or reliable alternatives.

Ah really. That’s interesting. How about if it comes with old firmware?
Might get one to try. Thanks

You can just find the latest firmware on the hikvision portal and navigate the the door station web page and upgrade.

Hi

i have a HIK DS-7604 NVR and cameras which work perfectly.
I now want a camera by the door Which can record to the nvr. Must be able to trigger a chime either mechanical or digital not just app. Intercom nice but not essential I was looking for the DS-KB6003-WIP which seemed ideal, but it’s now obsolete and out of stock. The replacement DS-KB6403-WIP doesn’t appear to support mechanical chimes of any type! Are there any other options or workarounds?

Prefer to use HIK-connect as others already on there

Rich

It's quite easy technically but a bit of a faff with the wiring and connections if it's not familiar to you. I would use the AcuSense DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL. It's on my list of things that I don't need but feel the need to do....On completion, pressing a standard door bell push would:
  • sound the chime as a normal doorbell - nothing fancy there
  • simultaneously trigger an alarm input on the camera, resulting in a push notification to your mobile via Hik-Connect
  • the camera specified can be used for two way communication via Hik-Connect when the input is received if you're not home
  • the Hik-Connect notifications list shows you thumbnails of every time the doorbell was pressed for quick review of who's been to the door while you were out. Those events could also be easily reviewed on the NVR
The bell push would be used to switch a 12V DC supply to energise the coil of a double pole relay. One pair of the relay contacts would be used to trigger the chime, while the other would be connected between the cameras alarm input and ground. If there was already a standard wired bell push and chime in place that could be used.

The benefit of doing it this way is that you don't need an additional intercom/doorbell camera or monitor - just a camera that is close to and has a good view of the door. I already have that camera by my door but I reckon I could set the above up on an existing wired doorbell spending no more than £20. When I get around to completing it I'll post on this site.

Thanks for the reply. That sounds ideal.
unfortunately I already ordered one yesterday so I’ll see how it goes first. I’d be interested in how you get in if/when you do get around to it

I just received the DS-KV6113-WPE1, plugged into router and its in the device list with default ip 192.0.0.65, but whatever I do it will not display the web page (times out)
SADP can find the unit (as can Ivms) but the activate button is not active, and it won't let me upgrade until activated?
firmware is currently V2.1.5 build 200629, I grabbed V2.2.3_200805.
Any tips to activate and update?? (Previous cameras were just via hik-connect which this firmware doesn't support?)

thanks

Last edited:
You will not be able to access the web page with the door station being on the default IP range because your computer is not on that IP range.

You need to select the device in the SADP tool and enable DHCP so your router assigns it an IP address within the range of your router's network.

After refreshing, you'll see the door station will have a new IP - this is what you'll be able to navigate to the webpage with.

I also believe you can activate the device using SADP tool. Could be wrong with this particular device but I have with other hik equipment.

thanks for the reply. I also thought this, but when I tried to switch DHCP on it complained the password was incorrect, I thought i may have to activate first to set the password.
anyway, I retried and this time it said dhcp was enabled and it all went through fine. new firmware loaded, activated, reset and added to hik-connect. all good!

thanks for the prompt.

thanks for the reply. I also thought this, but when I tried to switch DHCP on it complained the password was incorrect, I thought i may have to activate first to set the password.
anyway, I retried and this time it said dhcp was enabled and it all went through fine. new firmware loaded, activated, reset and added to hik-connect. all good!

thanks for the prompt.
That's brilliant. No problem. :)

I got everything working plugged into my router including hit-connect, so decided to then transfer it over to the NVR. unfortunately the NVR keeps saying incorrect password in the autoconfig camera section. its still set to DHCP and the password is correct (validated through the web interface) no idea why, any ideas? I tried using manual settings too but same result. I did notice that when plugged into the NVR and powered up it reads out the old router IP address, not the NVR assigned one but I verified it was definitely DHCP enabled in the web config
I was going to try unbinding it from the HIK Connect account and starting again. starting to feel a bit stupid, this ought to be easy!

Unfortunately, it won't work when plugged directly into the NVR. If configured correctly, maybe it would work as a camera but obviously that's no good, so not even worth considering. Reason being (I think) that the device when plugged into the internal NIC of the NVR, it has no way to connect to hik connect server.

Anyway, you're best off plugging into a POE switch. Fixing the IP - turn DHCP off then adding to the NVR from your network. Let me know if you need me to elaborate more.

thanks that makes sense. I hadn't considered that as HIK connect calls home and doesn't need ports opened I assumed it would work in a similar manner

Back