01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Resolution or bitrate of substream not supported

johp778

Hi All
Just setting up my new Hikvision nvr DS-7604NI-K1-4P and i've started by adding my 2 existing cheaper non Hikvision cameras, which are added and are showing in the home screen. As the title suggests, I am getting an error/warning for both of those cameras "resolution or bitrate of substream not supported"?

I've looked at those settings and the resolution options on the camera vs what's listed in nvr don't match, however there isn't options that do, i've also unticked the substreams, but still get warning?

I don't think it's causing any issues, both those camera's apoear to be recording, it's a warning on the monitor/screen, which i could disable.

Anyone had this/solved it?

Hi @johp778

It is likely that this won't be an error you can fix because what that message is telling you is that the non-Hikvision cameras you have connected do not support the same resolution & bitrate options that the Hikvision NVRs offer. It is most likely that the resolution is the main problem because sometimes non-Hikvision cameras can have resolution dimensions that are not standard and so the NVR is alerting you to the mismatch. If the NVR is continuing to record these cameras then I don't think you will have any further problems, but I would recommend checking that the camera's playback smoothly and that there are no issues with the footage when you download it.

If anyone else has had hands-on experience with non-Hikvision cameras that have prompted the same message then please share any problems you encountered, if there were any, when using these types of cameras.

Hi Dan, thank you for the feedback, i have watched footage on phone in the hik-connect app & all looks good, so if there's nothing i can do, then i need not worry about it. When i can afford to, i will be upgrading them to hikvision cameras anyway, but good to have footage until then.

Back