01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

sd card slot

does anyone know where the sd card goes on a hikvision DS-2DE5220I-AE, I don't want to blindly start dismantling the camera looking for it.

anyone?, I am holding off installing this on the bracket until I fit an sd card so that I don't have to dismantle everything after fitting. I have been through the instruction manuals and the hikvision website and spent hours googling and can only see one utube video doing it on a mini dome , my camera is a ptz 5" turret and I would appreciate a link or download to show me the location of the slot.

Hikvision's documentation unfortunately doesn't show the location of most microSD card slots on their cameras.
I'd expect with your model that the back panel of the black camera body will unscrew and you'll find the microSD card slot underneath.

hi , thanks for the reply, I did remove that panel but I cant see it, I might wait until a younger pair of eyes arrives home this evening

Whilst these images are from different cameras and were originally uploaded to show the location of the physical reset button, they'll give you an idea of what to look for when trying to find the microSD card slot.

Taken from our tutorial megathread guide on how to factory reset a Hikvision camera.

In this image, the microSD card slot is situated just above the indicated red box - it's the metal square slot on the PCB that you'd slide the microSD card into.

k6Fr17y.jpg

In this image, the microSD card slot is to the left of the indicated red box - it's a vertical slot that you'd drop the microSD card into.

TkWoiW6.jpg

This may help you out - let me know you get on and post a picture if you can!

hi, thanks again, I have had the cover off and I still can see nothing resembling a card slot .

Last edited:
Look at the red highlighted part...this seems to be a sd slot?

Attachments

• snip_20170124200444.png
    snip_20170124200444.png
    392.8 KB · Views: 695
you are spot on, I have had my daughter(she has better eyesight than me) confirm that. I have removed the original pics I posted to clean things up a bit. thanks for taking the time to do the highlighting for me:)( shame hikvision didn't label this in the camera or at least point out the location in their instructions/website):mad:

Last edited:
No problem :-)

Additionaly, look for "installation manuals" on the official hikvision sites. In these manuals you will find much more informations, including the sd slot positions.

i spent hours on the official UK and Ireland hikvision site and searched for "installation manuals".....nada, zilch, zero, nothing. :confused:

hi, thanks for that but I can find nothing there for my own model but you did correctly identify the sd card slot in the picture, hopefully that will be the only conundrum facing me

Back