01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Set Zoom Ratio on DS-2DE5432IW-AE (FW V5.5.820 build 220525)

Oz001

HI everyone, i'm trying to configure the zoom ratio in order to have auto zoom when my camera trigger a movement. I've left disabled smart tracking and i'm using smart event, where ive configured mine three differents region, and setup up my area range with min and max. After that when i go to ptz smart tracking i select the preset and set a zoom with + button then i push set zoom ratio. When i trigger a movement, the camera follow the object
Hikivision-Set-rate-Zoom.jpg
but the zoom remain the same, or better it doest not use my zoom ratio.

Do u have any idea ?

i've attached an image about my smart traking setup page

Thanks in advice

Besta regards

Hi Oz001

Have you set the zoom ratio to the maximum, as explained here?

Hi Kyle thanks for your answer, yes i did it, ive followed also this video :
, but the camera track the person w/o zooming . Do u have any idea if could be any setup i miss or if this Videocamera has a FW bug, HW limitation or something alse ? Thanks Best regards

It could be something to do with the firmware - just to confirm, is your model the DS-2DE5432IW-AE(S5)?

Did it track/zoom properly on earlier firmware?

If it is an (S5) PTZ, do you have any more luck with this earlier firmware?

On the same page from where you took that screenshot, you should see a "firmware version property" at the bottom - can you let me know what this is, please?

To confirm, did you try with V5.5.800 and still see this problem?

Thanks - V5.5.800 that I linked further up in the thread is the correct firmware, as it is an S5 model (the G3 indicates this).

Here are the instructions for the procedure:

Let me know if it still won't zoom in on that version.

HI ive tried to use the FW , but when i launch the upgrade i got the error message ( file attached), it says : incongruent file

Thanks

Attachments

• Incongruent_File.jpg
    Incongruent_File.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 133
Just to check, are you uploading the "digicap.dav" file, and not the ZIP folder that it's in?

Sorry, I can't tell from the screenshot.

Yes unzipped file "digicap.dav", just a question could be a problem because is a downgrade, is it supported ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, I think V5.5.820 must be a version that you cannot downgrade from.

I wouldn't recommend the TFTP method - I'm not sure what impact it may have on the camera and it isn't worth the risk.

Have you set the zoom ratio for every preset position that the camera is set to move to? It sounds like you have from your original post, but just want to check.

The last thing to try is to reset the camera to its factory default state and try setting everything up from scratch, as we've known this to fix strange issues on cameras.

I yes, i did it for every preset. The last resort it to reset it

Thanks

regards

Let me know how the reset goes, I can ask Hikvision for their input if that doesn't solve it...

I did the reset, and what happen is this : my video camera is mounted at 6-7 meters high, when people pass on the road, and stay in frontof the camera so is near 6-7 meters, it does not zoom, if go a bit far may 10 meters it zoom. Is there any other option i can set ?
It seem there is a minimun distance where it does not zoom

Thanks

best regards

Last edited:
Back