01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

"setting failed error code oxfffffff" in Display settings?

jim gourlay

I am getting a setting failed error code on 2 of my camera 8mp after playing about trying to get the best settings.
One is a colourvue and one a dark fighter.
I now can’t alter any setting in display such as brightness or anything on that screen.
It’s a ds 7600 series nvr with latest firmware.
No issue with doing any other settings at all, only under ‘display’.
Cctv chap suggested I need to hard reset the cameras, any advice on another solution.
Error is ‘ setting failed error code oxfffffff
Jim
E41F841C-479D-41E7-B002-CAF6BDBE2519.jpeg

@jim gourlay
Thanks for adding the screenshot.
It's not an error code that I recognise.
I am moving this to the Hikvision section of the forum, as it is much more likely that you will get a response / help there.
When you receive update emails from the forum just clicking the link in the email will take you to your thread.

What is the full model number of your NVR please?
What firmware version are you currently running?

Unfortunately, Hikvision's self-checker for firmware pretty much always tells you that you are running THE latest :/

DS-7604NI-K1 4p
Not sure firmware version or where to locate.It does state it has latest firmware when I check in nvr, sure I checked logged in with browser but there was some issue receiving

Hi @jim gourlay

If you go to the NVR live view page you should see a little info/maintenance icon (i symbol), click this and you should get a little pop-up window with the current firmware version.

There you go - Firmware Ver. - v4.32.110 build211009

I might add that this only happened after constantly playing around with the display settings such as brightness, contrast, IR light, wide dynamic range etc etc

Reactions: Dan
Hi,

Below is the link to the Hikvisions UK download portal where you can find the firmware for your NVR, As you are quite a few versions out of date I would recommend upgrading in stages as jumping to the most recent firmware can cause issues. I have attached a photo showing which ones I would recommend upgrading to first before getting to the most up-to-date version.

Screenshot 2023-01-05 105855.png

If you need help with upgrading your firmware, the link below will take you to one of our forum posts which gives you step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade your firmware.

Reactions: Dan
Hi Jim,

Click here to see the list of firmware that Jake shared above.

Really appreciate guys.Do I download these, restart then download the next.Do I interact with the nvr in between ?

Hi Jim,

Click here to see the instruction on how to update your firmware.

If you're not confident after reading the instructions, then you might want to enlist the help of a technical friend.

Thanks a million lads firmware upgrades went through fine.I have Event Perimter now and OTHER events which I don’t know what that is??…. I still have the display error code issue on those two cameras though .Do I perhaps need firmware upgrades for the camera themselves?.One is colorvue the other is a dark fighter .One of the colourvue a is fine.I’ve attached the two offenders, but suspect it could be a hard reset

Attachments

• 058231A4-3FD6-434D-B310-304DDB910F3D.jpeg
    058231A4-3FD6-434D-B310-304DDB910F3D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 169
We update, I’ve updated all the camera firmware, carefully and nervously all working fine.Not tried the display setting error code in nvr yet as dearest is in bed lol … I guess if this fails it’s a hard reset ???

Let us know how you get on.

NB Display setting is 'just that' it only alters how it looks on your screen.

We always recommend that you review your recordings to confirm that your CCTV is performing as you expect - night AND day (before you ever need to reference it for an incident).

The error code is still there.Tried to see if laptop would let me change there, but comes up with parameter error.No setting works just get the error code when try to ‘Apply’

Pain because I can’t alter brightness or up the IR light etc as I have a very dark driveway

What browser are you using?
On Windows machines?

Using edge but in internet explorer mode.The. Error came up on the NVR before I even started using the browser

Back