01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setup clarification

ted123

Hi Folks,

Moved recently and trying to understand what kind of setup I have.

So downstairs in the cupboard I have some Vacron DVR and connected to it I see balans and cat5 cables going into the roof.
There are 4 cameras around the house and I'm guessing the cat5 cables are going into maybe junction boxes at each camera, not sure need to get one of the cameras down.
Question really is where do i go from here? I want to upgrade but getting varying quotes with all sorts of different cameras from suppliers so considering doing it myself.
I want better picture quality ultimately and have access to better features as at the moment have next to none.
What's the simplest option? Can I get some IP cameras and connect to the existing CAT5 cable and stick an NVR in the roof or would it be simpler to just swap the DVR and analog cameras? Complete beginner here.

Thanks,

Hi @ted123

If that recorder has balan and network connections on the back then it is likely a hybrid DVR with some analog and some IP cameras connected.

We work primarily with IP solutions so we would definitely recommend switching to an NVR and replacing the analog cameras (possibly replace the old IP models as well as they will be low spec/resolution).

We would recommend a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P 8 Channel NVR which will support 4 replacement cameras and still have some space for some additional cameras you might add in the future. For external residential cameras, we usually recommend turret cameras like the DS-2CD2346G2-IU 4MP AcuSense Turret.

Back