01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Shared Device on wife's Hik Connect missing some functions?

BerkoJas

When I use the Hik-Connect mobile app i see many more functions than when my wife who uses the same app to monitor a shared device ( NVR ) - shared via QCode
Her mobile app does not show functons like
1) Ability to disable notifications via the 'Bell' icon
2) Ability to manually trigger a camera's alarm - eg make if flash or siren go off
3) Change the sound of notifications when notification received on mobile eg soft / intense
How can I get her to see the full range of functions, especially trigger a cameras siren remotely.
Thanks

When I use the Hik-Connect mobile app i see many more functions than when my wife who uses the same app to monitor a shared device ( NVR ) - shared via QCode
Her mobile app does not show functons like
1) Ability to disable notifications via the 'Bell' icon
2) Ability to manually trigger a camera's alarm - eg make if flash or siren go off
3) Change the sound of notifications when notification received on mobile eg soft / intense
How can I get her to see the full range of functions, especially trigger a cameras siren remotely.
Thanks
1) It’s that way by design. The bell icon that enables and disables notifications acts on the account. So if that were present on your wife’s app and she disabled notifications, it would also disable your notifications. Instead the owner of the site (you) have that control. If they’re enabled and your wife doesn’t want to be disturbed there’s a ‘mute’ setting she can enable.

2) I’m not sure on that one. There may/may not be something in the permissions when you share the site - I’ll have a look. In the app click Me > Sharing. Click your wife’s account and check that it’s showing ’all permissions’ for all cameras.

If you want your wife to have access to everything she simply needs to log out of her account any log back in with your details.

Last edited:
@BerkoJas - I just checked my wife's app in which our system is shared from my account. I have all permissions enabled for her, but I see the same as you, with the Sounder and Strobe controls unavailable.

It's a little disappointing that those functions are unavailable. I had a customer recently who wanted to share their system to a key holder while on holiday, so that they could check the CCTV on receipt of events. The idea was that the key holder would be able to activate the siren on the cameras if necessary. That wouldn't be possible unless the customer shared their own Hik-Connect account details to the key holder which I advised against....

Back