01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Sizing a UPS to support a Hikvision NVR and 8 x 6MP cameras?

por1244

Hi everyone, new to the whole security camera/home network setup. I have 8 x 6MP Hikvision Cameras around my house. Can anyone recommend a UPS that would be suitable to power these and the NVR? Have no idea what I would be looking for in terms of power capacity etc. Many thanks!

Hi everyone, new to the whole security camera/home network setup. I have 8 x 6MP Hikvision Cameras around my house. Can anyone recommend a UPS that would be suitable to power these and the NVR? Have no idea what I would be looking for in terms of power capacity etc. Many thanks!
What are the model / firmware numbers?

Thanks for the reply. The NVR is: DS7616ni-12/16p and the cameras are: DS-2CD2365G1-I 6MP

Thanks for the reply. The NVR is: DS7616ni-12/16p and the cameras are: DS-2CD2365G1-I 6MP
Are you UK based using 240Vac @ 50Hz?
How long should the UPS last when the input supply is off / out of specification? if this is just for brown outs (voltage drop / frequency drift) 15 minutes should do.
Are all the cameras connected to the NVR?

I'm in Australia. I'm looking at adding a UPS in the case of power outages (which aren't common) but would like the option to view the cameras just incase and just trying to figure out whether I should be looking at a 900W UPS or greater. Thanks

I'm in Australia. I'm looking at adding a UPS in the case of power outages (which aren't common) but would like the option to view the cameras just incase and just trying to figure out whether I should be looking at a 900W UPS or greater. Thanks
I'm in the UK on a rural supply and use a 1500VA UPS (1 NVR 8 cameras). 900VA will give you about an hour run time. Make sure you get one that will support electronic equipment.

Back