01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart playback missing?

Trev83

Hi all I have a DS-7616NI-K2 / 16P running firmware version V4.30.060 build 201228 and I can't for the life of me find the smart playback. The old grey firmware that had two radio buttons for playback and smart playback that would skip to all the movement events, and above the blue playback line was a little red line to show a smart event. Anyone know if I've installed the wrong firmware?

This is the current new os I have.
Please ignore the gap in the blue line, that was me messing with the wiring.

20210603_204943.jpg

Many thanks

Trev

Look right side of normal. There is "Event" like motion detection! Search there

Thanks I had tried that but it does not play at all and on all my cameras on the old firmware it used to highlight on the timeline bar the events. Then when I clicked play it would jump across to each event. This just doesn't, and the only change was installing this firmware. No changes have been made on the cameras. I do have notifications setup on one camera which go to the app fine, but the event playback on the unit does not work on this camera. Was wondering if everyone where running a different firmware build.

In the NVR local menu, there is an option to "Save VCA Information" (or similar) That needs to be enabled and wasn't present in the previous versions of firmware. I can't quite remember where it is but if you don't see it going through the menus on the left (after switching to Advanced) there is another menu page revealed after clicking i in the upper right corner of the screen and then clicking a link within it.

On that firmware configured events will show markers in the "Normal" playback timeline but you need to manually scroll the timeline to access them, while in "Event" playback you can have it skip unrelated video and select/deselect AcuSense filters where applicable.

Edit: Also ensure that on each of the cameras you have selected "Enable Dual VCA"
Enable Dual VCA ON - You will get timeline event markers for configured events and can also have the NVR search the video for non configured events.
Enable Dual VCA OFF - You will only see markers/events for motion and line crossing that you've configured and drawing a box/line during playback will not find anything (as the camera did not send the VCA data to the NVR with the video)

JB1970 thank you for the help fixing it. I still need to check the edit bit in the camera configuration, but I did as you said and it works.
20210606_195938.jpg

The setting was in advanced but before it would allow me to enable save camera vca data, I had to check alarm storage.

I'll look at the camera configuration now.

Thanks again

Trev

JB1970 thank you for the help fixing it. I still need to check the edit bit in the camera configuration, but I did as you said and it works.
View attachment 5941

The setting was in advanced but before it would allow me to enable save camera vca data, I had to check alarm storage.

I'll look at the camera configuration now.

Thanks again

Trev
No problem - glad you got it working

Back