01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart Tracking together with presets

milan.petr

Hi Guys, could you please help me to find out the best strategy how to use smart tracking together with necessity of securing 3 different areas defined by 3 presets (so smart tracking together with patrolling)

I still havent found the way how to set different smart tracking areas for each present and I am not sure it it is even possible and if there is better soulution. I was thinking of enabling smart tracking in PTZ menu and enabling patrolling, but I was afraid of false alarms.

My hardware:
DS-7608NI-I2
2x DS-2DF6A436X-AEL

@milan.petr I am in a similar situation.

I would be really grateful if someone with more experience with hik smart tracking PTZ's could give some advice on this. Maybe @Phil or one of the other admins could shed some light on the best way to set configure these cameras. It seems there are many intricacies to parts of the configuration options available.

I have just discovered that if you set the park time to anything other than 5 seconds, it will not work - it will not return to the park position ever.

I can also tell you one way of setting it up which might be helpful. Although I doubt it will be of use to you as you only mentioned two cameras. I have other cameras which support smart events. I can set the linkage method of a smart event to trigger a preset on a PTZ. This way, when a camera detects something in a particular region, it will tell a PTZ to go to where the human is.

Back