01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

SMB Hikvision

housi84

Hallo
I'm trying to save an image via SMB/CIFS share from a Hikvision DS-2CD3387G2P-LSU/SL to a Windows Server 2022 standard.
Unfortunately I receive the message Error in the installation directory of the NAS server; invalid directory.
Various other cameras are already using the share, so it must be a mistake with the Hikvision.

What should the username look like? user@domain.ch or domain\user
Or can the domain be given elsewhere?

Tell us a bit more about how you are setting this up within that camera please (it's not something that we are familiar with / I don't think we have been asked about this topic before).

SMB has different protocol versions (SMBv1, SMBv2, SMBv3), sometimes you get these sorts of issues if there is a mismatch between versions of the NAS/device. Sometimes you can work around it by setting one side to a particular version or one side to backward-support older versions etc. Although you may open yourself up to the known security vulnerabilities in older versions if you do.

For example, see this thread here on similar topic:

Hi @housi84

Off the back of what codlord has said, could you also confirm the firmware version the camera is currently using?

The latest firmware for your camera is V5.7.11_230406

Back