01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

[SOLVED] Losing Config- DS-2CD2385FWD-I 8MP HikVision Turret Camera

Chrisgla

Hi,

I already have a few 4MP DS-2CD2342WD-I cams- these setup and work fine.

Just installed a new 8MP DS-2CD2385FWD-I camera a few days ago and can't get it to keep config.

SADP tool lets me set password/ IP address, web pages let me change image parameters, etc and give me a "Save succeeded" note. But if I then remove power to the camera it defaults to 192.168.1.64, no password or settings and need to start activation process from scratch.

Anything different with the new 8MP cameras or does this just sound like a fault. I think this version has now got SD card/ reset button- not sure if it's related to these, not even looked for them yet as wasn't intending using these features...

Hi,
That's an interesting (in a bad way) development; we've always seen (a few incidents of) what sounds like your issue with the 2042 mini-bullet - it has a rubber reset button - it gets pinched/stuck down.
I can only assume it happens during final assembly at the factory.

The new EasyIP 3.0 turret models are the first turrets to have a reset button, it's under the memory card cover. Can you please check if the same thing is happening?

Once you've freed it it should then be fine.

See our past Post on this issue with the 2042 here - https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/...ra-factory-resetting-whenever-it-reboots.788/

Apologies for the hassle.

Thanks- think that's what it's been.

When you take the cover off there's a rubber gasket that needs carefully seated- can only assume it was out of place slightly.
Powered off, back on, config staying now...

Back