01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

[solved] Unable to access my DS-2CD1053G0-I camera

cuagn

Good evening all,

I'm new in this forum and in the usage of a HIKVision IP-Cam.

I just received my HIKVision camera.
On the cardbox it is written SF Version V5.5.82_190130
I pluged it into my LAN and at a first time discovered that it was conflicting with a Netgear Wifi relay at the same IP address (192.168.1.64).
Fine. :-[ ... I switched off the Nergear and rerstart.
The camera is visible on the network and I can discover the 5 open ports. All seems OK.

However when I connect to 192.168.1.64 I have no functionnal access.
A 192.168.1.64/notSupported.asp page is displayed
after a quick display of 192.168.1.64/doc/page/login.asp9_[a variable number] which is visible in the history of my browser.
I've tried either with Firefox, Edge or Chrome.

I fully disppointed. Has anyboby an idea of the problem and it's solution?
Regards
Marc

Attachments

• open_ports.jpg
    open_ports.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,060
  • firefox.jpg
    firefox.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,642
  • edge.jpg
    edge.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,735
  • chrome.jpg
    chrome.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,719
Last edited:
Hi @cuagn

I would recommend that you install Hikvision's SADP Tool to scan your local network for the device, if you have only recently plugged the camera in and have not yet logged in to the camera it will likely still be inactive, you will need to use SADP to activate the camera with a strong password and then set the camera to an available IP address by enabling DHCP which will automatically assign the camera the correct network information.

Make sure after you have enabled DHCP in SADP and the IP details have changed that you then disable DHCP because otherwise, the IP details of the camera can change when the camera reboots and this can cause you to lose track of what IP address the camera is using.

More detailed instruction for using SADP and activating the camera can be found at the below forum thread:

I've installed SADP and discovered that the camera was inactive.
I made it active and set DHCP in order to suppress the conflict with my Netgear relay.
Fine the camera is now at 192.168.1.21

However the problem is the same 192.168.1.21/notSupported.asp

Still investigating...

Attachments

• sadp.jpg
    sadp.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,081
Hi @cuagn

I would recommend that you install Hikvision's SADP Tool to scan your local network for the device, if you have only recently plugged the camera in and have not yet logged in to the camera it will likely still be inactive, you will need to use SADP to activate the camera with a strong password and then set the camera to an available IP address by enabling DHCP which will automatically assign the camera the correct network information.
In the meantime, I've already done your advice.
As you can see nothing has been changed.

Someting strange appeared when I scan my LAN
FING was telling me that the LAN address is 192.168.1.21+1 with a message "device has multiple IP addresses".
I'm supposing that this address has been already used by something else in my network providing some side effect.
I decided to move again to another fully new address 192.168.1.100.
The IP Cam is still with a DHCP allowed, but in my router the camera is assigned a static address. (I will use the camera on another LAN)

So now using VLC I can connect the camera at rtsp://192.168.1.100:554
This is working.
Network is OK, Camera image is OK.

However accessing with a browser to 192.168.1.100 gives always the same error. http access is not OK
I can't administrate de camera :-(

Still investigating... (any idea is welcome)

I've installed iVMS-4200 3.4.0.9 Client which gives some facilities for using the Camera.
It's possible to access the WEB interface, for example,
But no way to log on and administrate.

Still investigating... (any idea is welcome)

Solution: need to use Microsoft IE
It's crazy, but the HIKVision firmware (probably built using a Linux OS) is Internet Explorer dependant.
This is not the first time I face such a crazy constraint, the first time was in 2006 with an Orite WEB Cam bought in Hong-Konk.
I wasn't expecting the same issue 14 years later.

I think that this is due to the add-on. I think this one is only required if we want to display an image.
Changing parameters can be done without such constraints.

I would advise HIKVision to have a more MS independent approach, and at least to display a more explicit error message!

Thank you
Marc

It's crazy, but the HIKVision firmware (probably built using a Linux OS) is Internet Explorer dependant.
This is not the first time I face such a crazy constraint, the first time was in 2006 with an Orite WEB Cam bought in Hong-Konk.

I think that this is due to the add-on. I think this one is only required if we want to display an image.

I would advise HIKVision to have a more MS independent approach, and at least to display a more explicit error message!

Thank you
Marc
Hi!
I was/am facing the same problem and also figured out that the IE must be used... However, this is where I am at the moment:
I can see the login page, I can enter the username and password, the IE is trying to access the live view... for about 30 seconds, fails and kicks me back to the login page. Any idea why?
Thank you!

Sorry, that scenario does not 'ring any bells'.
If you still need help with it, please start a new thread and post a screenshot of your browser view and SADP results table.

Phil,
thank you very much for the suggestion! I have sort-off solved the issue by using another computer. My guess would a corrupted plugin is to blame.

Try installing the Duck Duck Go browser. It works for me on my Mac M1. Not more Windows needed. Yay!

Thank you
Marc

Back