01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Some Help Please - HIK Firmware Upgrade

markyl

Hello some help please woudl be appreciated.

My NVR is DS-7716NI-I4 / 16P

I have updated the firmware to V4.22.000 build 190821 but now have two problems

I have "lost" one of the cameras and do not know how to get it back, its is not being recognised, whereas all the other cameras have just come back on.

When I am using iVMS 4200 and go into Configuration when I try to select "Basic Setting" a new window opens and then I get "Navigation to this window was cancelled" and the window remains blank

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:
Can you access the NVR via the webGUI? If you can, navigate to Configuration>System>Camera Management. You should be able to locate and edit the settings of the offline camera. Check the settings match the other working cameras for a start. Re-enter the password to be safe and save the settings. Not sure about iVMS-4200, but try update it v3.1.1 and see if that helps.

Hi I can access the webGUI I can get into the settings and have tried using the default cameras password and the password of the NVR but i get "Offline(User name or password error)" in the status column

To make it worse I have now lost all but two cameras.

I have tried "virtual host" but that only connects to the cameras online

I have read about corruption of the password table when upgrading an NVR from v3.x or early 4.x firmware to the latest. A factory reset of the NVR is required to fix the user table. That said, it should upon reboot detect all the cameras. If the NVR admin/password is different to the camera's admin/password you might have to manually correct that to add them.

Back