01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Startup behaviour for new DS-2CD2421G0-IW?

lukesoft76

Hello all,

i have bought a new DS-2CD2421G0-IW for doing some tests.
The camera starts up and starts an audio alarm. I have not configured the camera - it somehow runs the initial factory configuration.
HW Reset did not change the behavior.
Can someone tell me why the default configuration of the camera starts this alarm?

Regards,
Luke

Hi @lukesoft76

We've never used this particular model, but we have tested many similar Cube models and I can't remember them ever giving an audible alarm when first plugged in.

Is it just a single alarm noise or does it repeat?
How are you connecting/powering the camera? Have you just plugged it in with the PSU and tried to set it up on WiFi or have you plugged it into a PoE Injector/Switch?
When you have it plugged in, have you tried looking in the Hikvision SADP Tool to see if the camera appears on the network?

If it does appear in SADP, can you share a screenshot of the camera details in SADP?

Hi Dan,
the alarm noise does repeat.
I have plugged in an external Power supply.
I have not tried to set it up on Wifi.
I have not connected it to the LAN, thus, i don't have infos with the SADP tool.

Regards,
L.

Okay,

I would recommend trying a hard reset of the camera, you should find the hard reset button under the MicroSD card cover on the side of the camera.

Instructions for hard resetting the camera are below:

1) Unplug the camera from the power/PoE
2) Press & hold the hard reset button
3) Plug the camera back in while still holding the button
4) Continue to hold the reset button for a further 30 seconds

Once 30 seconds have passed you can release the reset button and the camera should reboot and be factory reset.

Back