01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Suggested deployment & questions

smithnb

Hi,

I'm considering the following deployment of Hikvision cameras and NVR -
8 x DS-2CD2342WD-I 4MP cameras and a 8 channel Hikvision NVR.

4 of the cameras will be co-located near enough to the NVR to be physically plugged in to the rear of the NVR. The remaining 4 cameras will be placed in another building, connected to a 4 port POE switch and then to a Point to Point WiFi link to the building/lan where the NVR is located.

Firstly, does this suggested deployment sound possible?
Secondly, if I'm only using 4 ports on the back of the NVR, do I only need a 4 Channel NVR or still a 8 Channel if I want to capture footage from all 8 cameras?

Thanks in advance for any feedback/suggestions.

Hi. Yes, that's definitely possible provided the wireless connection is strong enough. It's a fairly common install.

You would need an 8-channel NVR. A 4-channel NVR will only ever allow you to connect 4 cameras, no matter what method you use to connect them. The same is true for an 8-channel.

Hi. Yes, that's definitely possible provided the wireless connection is strong enough. It's a fairly common install.

You would need an 8-channel NVR. A 4-channel NVR will only ever allow you to connect 4 cameras, no matter what method you use to connect them. The same is true for an 8-channel.

Great, that's just what I needed to know.

Back