01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

System went slow with addition of IP cameras?

jimlberto

Hi guys I'm new. I have a Hikvision system for 8 cameras by utp cable and admits several IP cameras by onvif. The system is very good and worked very well with 6 cameras. Recently I bought 3 cameras "Only" trademark, wifi smart cameras and once I installed them with the native software I activated the onvif. the hikvision system recognized them and allowed me to add them to the set. Just noticed that the response of the system is kind of two seconds late/slow to show the IP cameras and the menu for the settings is also a bit slow. But at the end it works well. Should I concern or just live with it? Is there a setting that maybe I forgot?

Your description seems to say that you have managed to connect nine cameras to an 8-camera NVR.
It's hard to comment much without a lot more information on the camera model numbers and/or specifications.

Hi guys I'm new. I have a Hikvision system for 8 cameras by utp cable and admits several IP cameras by onvif. The system is very good and worked very well with 6 cameras. Recently I bought 3 cameras "Only" trademark, wifi smart cameras and once I installed them with the native software I activated the onvif. the hikvision system recognized them and allowed me to add them to the set. Just noticed that the response of the system is kind of two seconds late/slow to show the IP cameras and the menu for the settings is also a bit slow. But at the end it works well. Should I concern or just live with it? Is there a setting that maybe I forgot?
It sounds as though you've added IP cameras using ONVIF to a DVR. The Hikvision DVR's allow adding of IP cameras and the number that can be added depends on both the model and firmware of the DVR. On the newer models you can switch off unused analogue channels to allow additional IP channels in their place.

I think you'll just need to live with it. It's likely that some of the lag you see is down to the performance of the DVR, but also could be caused as the cameras are connected via WiFi (not ideal for performance)

Your description seems to say that you have managed to connect nine cameras to an 8-camera NVR.
It's hard to comment much without a lot more information on the camera model numbers and/or specifications.
DS-7208HUHI-K1 is the DVR. It's system is very neat, a bit user friendly once I understood the configuration it was installed with. I bought it from a company who came and installed the first four cameras. From it I learned the rest. It was two years ago. Since then I added two more hik cameras by cable and worked fine, but the IP cameras I got around that time weren't smart enough to connect. The 4 new ones I bought recently were recognized instantly to my satisfaction
But the system dialog went bit slow. I worried. Nevertheless, as the other kind comment said. I have gotten used to it. The lag is in the configuration dialog. After that, the system runs quite well. All of them appear in the remote app and I can check all the 10 cameras from the office and the beach. I'm very happy with this system. Good technology

The new cameras are Chinese cameras quite common in the market. The "five antennas" type that can zoom and pan. I used ip in these points because my wife wasn't happy with cables all around hehe

Back