01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Thumbnail Images on Playback Timeline NO RESOURCE

gp116126

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hello

I have a DS7608/K2 8P running latest version 3 firmware connected to 4 x 2343GOs and 1 x 2365G1 camera running latest firmware also. Resolutions and frame rates set to max on all with bit rates enabled for highest settings. All works great, playback, live view, etc. except in playback on all cameras there are no thumbnail images showing on the timeline. Instead the thumbnails show "no resource".

I have tried to work out if its my settings but have not come across anything obvious. The only internet comment I have come across about this issue is that it happens on cameras over 3mp and is somehting that HIK have not resolved.

Would anyone have any ideas that could help.

Thanks in advance.

Assuming it is OK to link to other sites, see this thread:

Hello Fullboogie

Thanks for the reply and link though the issue explained isn't the one I am seeing. My setup displays multiple camera images in playback, etc with no issues. The only problem I have is seeing the thumbnail images on the playback timeline. These are small single frame images of recorded footage that appear when you hover over the timeline bar.

Tthe same as can be seen in the thread here:

Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2 No resource on playback problem

It looks like it's a >4mp camera issue on certain firmware/DVR's. Sorry that link didn't help.

Hello

No probs, it might help others with the issue talked about.

Anyway I have found a setting that gets the thumbnails to display but I am now a bit confused.

In the Recording menu under Parametres where all the bit rate, frame rate, etc are set there is another tab at the bottom left of the interface called "More Settings". This is where post and pre event recording times are set.

There is also an option under the heading "Video Stream" to select either "Main Stream" or "Sub Stream". I always had this set to Main Stream rather than Sub Stream as according to the manual "When you select sub-stream, you can record for a longer time with the same storage space", which to me would mean very poor recordings as these would be in 640 x 480 res or whetever poor sub stream res is selected, rather than those selected in the previous Main Stream menus.

One other issue is that one of my cameras doesn't have the Sub Stream option, it only has Main Stream so with this camera I can't get Thumbnails to display. Now the only difference with this camera 2343GO to the 3 others is that is a 2.8mm whereas the others are 4s and 6s so I am a bit confused as to why it wouldn't have the Sub Stream option.

So there you go. Two further questions come out of my tinkering.

1. Do recordings now only record in Sub Stream 640 x 480.
2. Why would the 2.8mm GO have no Sub Stream setting.

Thanks again.

Caveat - you have a K recorder, and you likely are running in the 3.0 interface. So making a few assumptions here as I am using an I-series and running the 4.0 interface.

The setting for main/sub are just that - the settings (resolution, bitstream, etc) for both the direct main feed (main stream) and those for the substream. They should change as you toggle from one to the other. However, toggling does not "set" the system to record in one or the other. At least it does not on my system.

As to question number 2, I have to doubt that. Have you logged directly into that camera to see if the settings menu changes?

Hello've

Thanks again. PC issues now resolved, back on line.

Re issue I am having. Did a review of playback images and the in they are definately recording in substream when selecting this iption as I described above. You can actually see the difference in the footage from when I adjust and readjust the settings. So I ahve left settings on main stream and can do without the thumnails.

Havn't logged into the 2.8 camera as yet.

Would be interested to know if anyone with my NVR model 7608 K2 and similar 4mp or above cameras has the same issue or can actually see the thumbnails.

Thanks

Back