01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Too many cooks using iVMS-4200

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
So, my installer set up my new Hikvision cameras and DS-KD8003-IME1 door station using his Windows laptop and password and all was more-or-less working on my Mac yesterday insofar as the door station camera imported fine into iVMS-4200. But today I asked my son to download iVMS-4200 for his Windows laptop so that he could configure some settings which weren't visible on my Mac. And at my request he tried to change the password of the door station to something I would remember and change its name from Door Station to Gate. Unfortunately, his version of iVMS-4200 took exception to that and after a couple more attempts locked him out of that device. So he shut down and I tried to configure it on my Mac - but I am also locked out of that device. So how do I fix this?

Also, although my Mac continues to show live feeds from my other Hikvision cameras and I can configure them, they are no longer listed as online devices and no amount of refreshing brings them back. So are they now 'owned' by my son's laptop and, if so, how do I get them back?

OK, I have unlocked the door station using SADP Tool - which also sees all my other cameras. In order to get them to reload as online devices on my computer, does my son have to unbind them from his?

And for future reference, what are the rules? If my son launches iVMS-4200 and changes anything will I be punished again? Of course, he doesn't need it so as soon as the config settings are all done, he can close it and maybe, for safety, delete all the cameras he imported? But I want him to keep the software as I'm sure to need him in an emergency. Better still, once I have the online cameras back maybe he could continue to keep access to the big-screen live views via iVMS-4200 but not have them appear as online devices in his computer?

I'm not sure what you are experiencing here.
I think Dan mentioned in another thread with you that we frequently access all our demo devices from various Mac, PC, Android, IOS and we've not encountered this.

The term 'bind' only applies to your Hik-Connect account.
You have an account at Hikvision's Hik-Connect portal.
When you add devices to your account, they are bound to you / your account.

Thanks Phil: I don't really know myself what's going on but I recall reading somewhere that two different admin users on different PCs can't both have control at the same time so I assumed that was why my cams disappeared from my iMac list of online devices when my son imported the cams into his computer (I think he used my admin/password).

I suspect I should have first found out how to add him as an admin before letting him loose.

Back