01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Trying to choose between the DS-2CD5A46G0-IZHS vs DS-2CD2646G2-IZS

DVEZ

Hi all, I'm not new to cameras, however I'm at a loss trying to figure this one out.

Which of these is the better camera for daylight clarity, and which is better for nighttime clarity?

I am not interested in the other features, just a good fast autofocusing varifocal with excellent image clarity.

I'm leaning towards the 5A, but it is older tech?

Hi @DVEZ

5A46G0 model will likely give you better daylight & low-light performance as it has a larger 1/1.8" sensor than the 1/3" sensor of the 2646G2, both the 2.8-12mm versions of these cameras have the same 50-60m IR range, but with the larger sensor, the 5A46G0 model will likely deliver more clarity/detail at those distances. (the 5A46G0 model is also available in an 8-32mm model with a 100m IR range, the 2646G2 does not have this focal length option)

Thank you @Dan

Yes that was my thinking too, though with tech rapidly changing every year I had to double-check that the old 'bigger-sensor = better image' rule-of-thumb still applies in late 2021.

Now to shop for a reasonably priced 5A460, I just checked and it isn't a model stocked here.

We don't currently list this model on the webshop and I think this may be to do with stock availability because I just did a quick search of the Hikvision UK stock list and they had no stock of the 5A46G0. It may still be worth trying some other authorised sellers to see if they might still have some left in their local stock.

It seems there have been two revisions of the 5A46G0,

the first one: https://www.hikvision.com/en/produc...ras/Ultra-Series-SmartIP-/DS-2CD5A46G0-IZ-UH/

and the new revision which looks like it appeared on the market last year: https://www.hikvision.com/uk/produc...as/Ultra-Series-SmartIP-/DS-2CD5A46G0-IZ-H-S/

The latest revision has a better low-light ability from specs, and yes this one does seem to be near impossible to find in stock anywhere, just waiting for a shop to call back with a price and availability right now.

I've never seen that -IZ/UH model before, I see you found it on the global site and this means it may be a model only available in certain regions and may not be available from any UK/EU supplier.

Back