01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Turret Camera Connected to Turbo DVR - How Can I Find Turret Model Number when Logged into the DVR?

keo

Hi. I have a HIK Vision DS 72000 Turbo HD DVR with 4 cameras. 1 is a turret camera and I am trying to find its model name. It is attached to the wall but the cradle it is attached to has disintergrated. I have kept the camera in place by using some wire and tape. The camera still works but because of mobility problems I cannot get it down or replace it myself. Is there any way I can get the model number via the information on the DVR. The company that installed it took away the boxes etc. and want £75 call out fee just to look at it. Thanks

Hi @keo

I'm not that familiar with the analogue systems so am not sure if you can find this out via the DVR - does the Camera Management page show any model numbers? Perhaps if you click on edit for that channel?

If it hasn't been removed, there should also be a white label on the camera itself which will have the serial number and model number printed on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ppl who installed the cameras etc, have removed any id that I would need. I cannot find any way of locating the model number other that removing the camera itself. As I mentioned, the camera is working, but is very loose in the cradle. The power and cable seem to be providing the video with no problems. I would like to just remove the camera and replace it with a fixed camera, rather than a turret zoom but am unsure if the wiring is plug and play or is the a need to unscrew and rewire the camera into the system. Thanks. Looks like I will need to call a company in to replace camera etc. Thanks

As it's an analogue camera it should just be plug and play, as there will be no network settings to adjust on the cameras. You should be able to just put the new fixed camera up in the same position and reconnect the existing coax cable (and power cable, if there is one) to the new camera's connectors.

I would try and get somebody with more experience with the analogue equipment to confirm this though, as I haven't tested this myself.

Back