01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Turret cams with included base - connecting conduit?

rorton

Hi All

Newbie to the site, I have a number of DS-2CD2347G2 - 4mp/8mp ColorVu and use the appropriate Hikvision base with them, and can connect conduit to them no problem.

Ive been looking at some non ColorVu turrets with 2.8-12mm lens, which seem to come with a back box attached/included (like the DS-2CD2H46G2-IZS 4MP AcuSense)

ds-2cd2h46g2-izs_hikvision-4mp-ip-turret_kix6ekrhg2e2fgqa.jpg

I cant work out if its possible to connect conduit upto these cameras that have the integrated back box? It looks quite shallow. Can you remove the box that comes with them, and add in a normal turret back box with the 25mm g3/4 hole in it already? I can see a very small access hole on the side of the base of this unit,

Thanks for any help

Hi All

Newbie to the site, I have a number of DS-2CD2347G2 - 4mp/8mp ColorVu and use the appropriate Hikvision base with them, and can connect conduit to them no problem.

Ive been looking at some non ColorVu turrets with 2.8-12mm lens, which seem to come with a back box attached/included (like the DS-2CD2H46G2-IZS 4MP AcuSense)

View attachment 9242

I cant work out if its possible to connect conduit upto these cameras that have the integrated back box? It looks quite shallow. Can you remove the box that comes with them, and add in a normal turret back box with the 25mm g3/4 hole in it already? I can see a very small access hole on the side of the base of this unit,

Thanks for any help
You'd maybe be best checking the bottom of the data sheet which normally shows what accessories are available. I think if it were me, I'd terminate the conduit in an end box (20mm single entry round) and butt the camera tight to it. I'd put a 6mm hole in the side of the end box to align perfectly with the cable entry that's visible on the left of your photo. That would be neatest while leaving no exposed, unprotected cable.

hi, thanks for the reply. Data sheet only shows the lantern style mounts, nothing else :(

Good thinking with the stop end though, It got me thinking then about maybe using a female 20mm adapter on the end of the conduit, take the Malte nut bit out of it, and then screw in a stuffing gland and butt that right upto the camera. Not sure the hole would line up as well as your idea though.

hi, thanks for the reply. Data sheet only shows the lantern style mounts, nothing else :(

Good thinking with the stop end though, It got me thinking then about maybe using a female 20mm adapter on the end of the conduit, take the Malte nut bit out of it, and then screw in a stuffing gland and butt that right upto the camera. Not sure the hole would line up as well as your idea though.
Yeah with a stuffing gland the cable is going to exit the pipe approx 12/13mm from the wall face. Perhaps the pipe (if plastic) doesn't even need terminating at all - it'll be a tidier install without. Just put the final saddle within 10mm of the clean cut conduit end, butt the camera bases' cable entry up to it and pop a thin smear of clear silicone around where the pipe meets the base. There'll be no chance of movement and it'll be completely sealed.

Ah thats a good one, will look a lot neater that way, could get obsessive and file the edge of the conduit to fit around the curve of the base too. Once the base is mounted and there is just a 6mm hole in it, I can pull the cable through and seal up from the inside too.

Back