01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Two identical NVR's behaving differently

cr33p3r

Hi,

I have two identical NVR's with identical cameras behaving differently within iVMS.

NVR 1 - DS-7608NI-K2 firmware - V4.32.116 build 220112.
8 x DS2CD2345FWD-I cameras attached directly - firmware V5.6.6 build 210625

NVR 2 - DS-7608NI-K2 firmware V3.4.100 build 180310
4 x DS2CD2345FWD-I cameras attached directly - firmware V unknown (no access currently)

On NVR 2, using iVMS (V3.7.0.5) i can access the camera settings and see the live view to draw areas etc. Also, all 4 cameras appear in the Camera section of the settings window.

On NVR 1, live View works for all 8 cameras but when i access settings, none of the cameras are available to edit and none of them appear within the Camera section. The whole page is greyed out.

Is it likely to be the updated NVR or camera firmware stopping this working? The older versions on identical hardware are still working? All settings seem fairly similar on both NVR's and both show online on the Hik-Connect site.

I've spent a few hours with this now but i'm getting nowhere.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• v3.png
    v3.png
    575.3 KB · Views: 104
  • v4.png
    v4.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 109
Hi @cr33p3r

Yes, you're probably spot-on, in that it's the out-of-date firmware causing the missing video.

You can download the new V4.32.116 firmware here.

Here are the instructions for updating the firmware, if you need them:

To connect to your cameras individually to check the firmware, you will need to use the Virtual Host feature on your NVRs:
use-ip.co.uk/forum/threads/how-do-i-use-a-hikvision-nvrs-virtual-host-feature.610/

Sorry, I've just realised that I misread your post!

I think it must be a problem with the latest firmware.

Are you using iVMS-4200 on a Mac?

Does this slightly earlier V4.32.115 firmware work better?
Or, do these plug-ins work for you?
LocalServiceComponents

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the replies,

Are you using iVMS-4200 on a Mac?
No, i'm using it in Windows 10.

Does this slightly earlier V4.32.115 firmware work better?
I actually had that version installed when i noticed it wasn't working in iVMS. I then upgraded to the .116 to see if that resolved it but it didn't.

Or, do these plug-ins work for you?
I already had WebComponents installed but i have since installed LocalServiceComponents and that hasn't made any difference unfortunately.

I think the next thing to try is to update the firmware on the cameras on the NVR running V3.4 and see if i can still access the cameras within iVMS. This may eliminate the camera firmware as the problem. If this is successful i can maybe update that NVR to 4.3xx and see if it then breaks the iVMS functionality.

Ah OK, install iVMS-4200 from here (the first of the three download links) as it is a much newer version for Windows and may fix things:

I assume that you installed that version from the CD that came with one of the NVRs?

It's also worth reinstalling WebComponents via the link in my last post, as this has solved live view issues in the software recently for some.

Also, update your cameras as you say - you will need to follow the instructions in this guide to access them directly to update their firmware:
How-to: - How do I use a Hikvision NVR's "Virtual Host" feature?

Let me know if you need any help finding the right firmware for them.

Thanks again for the help. I actually posted a similar thread in another forum and a user there was having the exact same problem as me. He eventually found out that, although not documented anywhere, the functionality was removed in the V4 firmware?

I'm definitely running the latest version of iVMS.

I think I will stick to my original plan and update the the older firmware on both the cameras and NVR and see if I lose the functionality once they are up to date. At least that will prove the theory either way.

My apologies, I thought it may have been an old version of iVMS from your screenshots.

I'm seeing the same problem with our K-Series NVR on V4.32.116 (I'm also seeing the same on .115 and .110), so I think it is almost definitely linked to the NVR firmware not working properly with iVMS, as the connected cameras are all up to date.

The live preview does work for setting up events if you use an internet browser to connect the NVR though, which is at least a fallback until it gets fixed in iVMS.

I'll come back with any more info that I find.

Back