01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to access cameras & DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)

jarrv

Hi all,

I recently moved into a property that has the DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) nvr that has 4 external cameras hooked up.
The previous owner setup the system but it hasnt been touched for a while, he did say the firmware was due to be updated as the previous nvr had died.

So after reading the thread on here i updated nvr firmware to V4.30.010_200715, then completed a reset and went through the setup process with all going according to plan.

I would also like to update the firmware for the cameras, reset them and setup new passwords.

My problem is i dont know what model cameras i have.
They do not show up on the SADP tool at all, only the nvr appears.

is it because they are on slightly different ip ranges
nvr 192.168.1.xx
cameras 192.168.254.x

if so how do i change the ip addresses for the 4 cameras?
Can i factory reset them all and begin fresh?

thanks in advance

jarv

Solution
Hi @jarrv

The cameras are directly connected to the NVR and are using the NVRs subnet address range (192.168.254.xxx), this is why you cannot see them on SADP and you cannot change these addresses to match your local network because they will no longer work on the NVR.

The solution is to use a feature called Virtual Host which creates virtual links from the NVR camera management page to access the menus/settings of the individual directly connected cameras, with this access you can then update the camera firmware.

You will have to log in to each camera, but the login details should be the same as the NVR if the cameras were originally activated by the NVR. If the NVR login details do not work for the camera then it...
Hi @jarrv

The cameras are directly connected to the NVR and are using the NVRs subnet address range (192.168.254.xxx), this is why you cannot see them on SADP and you cannot change these addresses to match your local network because they will no longer work on the NVR.

The solution is to use a feature called Virtual Host which creates virtual links from the NVR camera management page to access the menus/settings of the individual directly connected cameras, with this access you can then update the camera firmware.

You will have to log in to each camera, but the login details should be the same as the NVR if the cameras were originally activated by the NVR. If the NVR login details do not work for the camera then it may be that the original user activated the cameras with the old NVR which failed and the password they were activated with and are still using is different to the new NVR password, if this is the case you will have to hard reset the cameras so that they can be reactivated with the new NVRs password.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks Dan for the quick response, much appreciated.

Enabling the Virtual host allowed me to see 3 of the 4 cameras, and you were right they had a completely different password to the nvr :(
The other camera seemed to have an issue with the ip address, according to the nvr it was 254.5 yet according to the web page it was 254.7.

However neither of these seemed to work, and it gave me an error message about the network.
As they are hard wired into the poe switch i had to dig around in the garage rafters to find the back of the camera to plug in lan cable and power supply!
I gave it a new ip address and now it appears to be working :)

Now its made me a little hesitant about upgrading the firmware!

thanks again

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Back