01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to access Webpage..

Dave Taylor

We've got a DS-7616NI which has been working fine. I've just tried to access the webpage from different locations and get "the web page can not be displayed". I'm still able to access the device from my phone using the iVMS-4500 client and see the cameras and images, it's just the webpage that will not display. I've had this before and the only solution was to reboot the NVR.
I'm able to ping the NVR and it's can access from outside of our network - really strange.
It's running v3.4.2 build 160205

If you're able to access the NVR from a remote / external network using iVMS 4500, this indicates that you've correctly forwarded the Server Port (default 8000).
Accessing via a web page from an external network will require you to have forwarded the HTTP port of the NVR (default 80) - can you confirm that you've done so?

If you've changed the HTTP port used by the camera, make sure you reflect that change in the port forwarding setup, and also in the address you enter into a browser. So for example if the HTTP port used by the camera is 8080, you'd enter the address as follows - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 substituting in your own external IP of course.

For testing purposes, you might want to disable UPnP if you haven't done so already.

Hi Kieran,
Thanks for the prompt response. I've not changed the port the NVR is working off, it's port 80. After the reboot everything is fine but then it stops again so then i would have to reboot the NVR again.
Sorry i'm using the Hik-Connect to access outside and iVMS from inside without the requirement for a vpn. Both applications are working either on the internal wifi or over 4g.
I'll see about turning off UPnP

We've seen UPnP cause havoc before with both HiDDNS and EZVIZ / Hik-Connect. Restarting the NVR reassigns the ports from UPnP, which could potentially be the reason it begins to work again.

Definitely disable it and give that a try

ive done this but it's still not working will we need to reboot the nvr to clear the ports?

Yeah once you've disabled UPnP then reboot the NVR. To confirm, is the NVR on DHCP or a static address?

If you could upload a couple of screenshots of your NVRs network settings that'd be helpful.

all rebooted and i can now access the webpage. I've setup a couple of monitors to check access to the webpage.
ip is static
i'm able to access internally and externally so I'll see how we get on after UPnP has been disabled.

Ok Dave, let me know how you get on.

Out of interest, in the past how long has it taken before the webpage access fails after a restart?

not sure - it was working last week but the week before that i think i first discovered the problem. the problem is that you don't know about it until you need to get access to it. the monitors i've setup will be checking every 5 mins so i'll know when it goes "down" again / if it does.

Back