01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to add new Darkfighter camera

martin182003

I've happily got a Hikvision setup with 7616NI-I2/16P NVR running 4 and 5mp cameras on the poe ports.
I've now got a new DS-2CD2365G1-I which i am struggling with.

Out the box i connected to the camera to the NVR port to activate the camera (on the channel it said network abnormal)
So i connected it directly to the LAN via a POE switch to get a DHCP address, and activate the camera with the admin password.
From the NVR i seleted a channel, changed it to manual, entered the IP and admin login details and that worked.

However, as soon as i connect the camera to the NVR port and select plug and play it comes up with username or password error.
If i select manual and enter the details, i get network abnormal but if choose auto i get invalid username or password.

I dont know why as I can login to the browser interface with the username and password which are identical to the NVR login and know they work as the nvr will connect to the camera over the LAN, just not when attached directly to the poe ports on the nvr.

Never had this problem before, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
Check the firmware versions.
Update both the camera and the NVR to the latest available firmware.

Once the camera is on the latest firmware, try resetting the camera to factory defaults/inactive, then try connecting it to an NVR port.
If perhaps something has been previously connected to the camera port that you select, then you may have better luck with a port that has never been used.
It should be OK to set any of the free ports to auto/plug 'n' play and add the camera, but we have seen glitches in clearing / making ports available again.
If a firmware update for the NVR is available, then sometimes that will clear / fix it.
Or, just power cycling the NVR can help.

Back