01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to make changes to HIKVISION DS-7208HQHI-K1

ConfusionMaster

Hi all.

Having similar issues as Stani Emerson John seems to have had in this Thread.

Model : DS-7208HQHI-K1
FirmWare Version : V4.20.000 build 181129
Cameras : 4 x Analogue

The system is working has been working fine since I got it and set it up.

However I now want to add another analogue camera, however on the cameras page although i could select the button from IP to Analogue, it wants a restart and after a restart the changes haven't saved.

This is where I looked at other settings, and every time, although it look like it accepted the change, you need to restart for it to set, but on restart the settings revert back to as they were.

I have also tried, resetting the system and a factory reset, neither changed anything.

I have tried updating the firmware to V4.21.000 build 190722 but, even that changes nothing. I get no error message that it is a wrong one, it looks like it's updating, you get the updating progress bar which completes and then reboots, but it's groundhog day, nothing has changed, firmware is still reported as the old one.
box
I have tried all the above first directly on the box (update was done with USB plugged directly in box) and secondly via the browser interface (update was done with USB plugged into laptop)

I have also re-initialised the HardDrive.

I have looked at the manual and there is no indication of a button, or button combo to do a hard factory reset.

Any ideas?

Hi,
Are you still having this problem?
We have very little hands-on experience with their DVRs.
Are you accessing via a browser to make your changes that are not saving?
If so, check again with Internet Explorer.
And, if you still have problems making edits save, perhaps also try running IE in administrator mode.

Hi Phil

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me on this subject.

The issue is present whether I try to make changes via the browser interface (not sure which browser I used, but will try a selection when back home) or when I try to make changes directly on the box itself.

This is any changes or settings within the system or in trying to do a firmware update.

Cheers

CM

Hi ConfusiontMaster:

Are you still having this problem? How did you resolve it? I am having the exact same issue. Firmware update also failed to write any changes.

Thanks for your replies, makes me feel not so alone with this.

No I have not solved it. :(

I have replaced it with a second box which has been working fine. Not that have recently tried updating it.

Also I didn't get any notifications of your replies. Must look into that.

I am currently in the process of putting the 'broken' one back in to service. I have noticed that the changes you make all work untill you reboot. (except those that require a restart to take affect obviously) so it still can serve a purpose.

Back