01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to Ping My DS-7616NI-SE/P NVR and can't See the Live View of any Connected Cameras?

jmercieca

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can assist me, I have a Hikvision DVR (DS-7616NI-SE/P)

2 weeks ago I was unable to view the cameras, upon running some tests it appears that I am unable to even ping the DVR anymore, have tried the following:

1. Replaced network cable (DVR showing online in settings of DVR)
2. Plugged device into switch rather than modem
3. Changed IP
4. Upgraded firmware to V3.0.22, Build 170621

Please assist me

Hi @jmercieca

You mention changing IP and updating the firmware which I assume means you can access the DVR, but you also say you can't ping it. How are you accessing the DVR? Is it via direct monitor or browser?

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Yes so I can only access it through a monitor connected directly to the dvr

Okay,

Are the cameras plugged into the PoE ports on the NVR?

Did you change your router and/or ISP (Internet Service Provider) around the time the problems started?

Yea the cameras are plugged into the POE ports, I can view them all, apart from one which stopped working was on its way out.

Same ISP and same router.

Strange that I can’t ping it on local network

so you can now see all camera live views (except the one on its way out) but you still can't ping the NVR or log in to it with a browser?

What happens when you take the NVRs IP address from the Network settings on the direct monitor and put that IP address into a browser? Do you get any particular error message? (please share a screenshot if you can)

I can do that mate will do it tomorrow as it’s late now, dvr is set to a static ip.

When I try to connect through URL it just times out.

BBF76C61-E229-418E-98B9-01A62D0E00A8.png

Hi @jmercieca

That looks like a mobile browser, have you ever successfully accessed the NVR with a mobile browser?

Do you have a PC/Laptop that is hard-wired to the same local network/router as the NVR?

Your mobile device will be connected via WiFi/3G/4G which is not actually the same network range as the NVR which is hard-wired to your local network and so that might be why you cannot connect from the mobile browser.

okay,

On the PC, can you open Command Prompt and follow these instructions to confirm that your LAN gateway is still on the 192.168.0.xxx IP range?

See attached

Attachments

• 0DD2631C-CB91-4A02-AB1E-BE21DA2C741B.jpeg
    0DD2631C-CB91-4A02-AB1E-BE21DA2C741B.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 206
Okay,

the network information looks correct, having looked at all the above I can only think that due to the age of the NVR model some kind of fault has occurred with the NVR hardware and we would recommend looking for a new replacement.

Back