01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to play mp4 files from DS-2CD2123G0-IS

sdobbie

I have managed to set up the camera to record to my nas drive with motion detection. All I can seem to find is one mp4 file that's always 256mb and only part of it plays in VLC until it just stops after a few seconds. I have tried to use the hikvision IVMS 4200 software to play them but it doesn't have an option to actually open a file. How can the files be played properly

Hi @sdobbie

I would try Hikvision's own VSPlayer

Some customers have experienced issues playing back files compressed with Hikvision H.265+ CODEC because this is CODEC is unique to Hikvision and is not fully compatible with most video players. You can also try using Hikvision's Format Converter to change the files you want to share with others to more standard formats. (.mp4/.mov/etc...)

I think the camera is just buggy in general. I can play the files now but the motion detection is sporadic and rarely works regardless of what settings I use. It's a real shame as the audio and video quality from the camera is really good. Could you recommend another brand which is onvif, full hd and has good sound quality?

Back