01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unbrick Hikvision NVR : Solved

stephan06

Hi all, I have an old NVR Model: DS-7608NI-SE/P . I have read up on how to read the serial number which is in the attached image together with the firmware version it had on before I buggered it. I have tried to upload US version software via tftp
but it got rejected and then bricked the bastard. So I can only assume because my serial number have the RR it means region unspecified and I have to change this firmware file somehow to show as RR or region unspecified? Would my assumptions be correct and if so I just need a bit of guidance on where to find the latest firmware or how to convert the nvr to accept US firmware. Or I could have had the wrong firmware. Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• A7E88955-121F-4069-A55A-64BB2AAD137A.jpeg
    A7E88955-121F-4069-A55A-64BB2AAD137A.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 316
Hi all, I have an old NVR Model: DS-7608NI-SE/P . I have read up on how to read the serial number which is in the attached image together with the firmware version it had on before I buggered it. I have tried to upload US version software via tftp
but it got rejected and then bricked the bastard. So I can only assume because my serial number have the RR it means region unspecified and I have to change this firmware file somehow to show as RR or region unspecified? Would my assumptions be correct and if so I just need a bit of guidance on where to find the latest firmware or how to convert the nvr to accept US firmware. Or I could have had the wrong firmware. Thanks in advanced.
Use the European fw

G’day, thanks. Yes I used the english fw found on the russian server that was posted on here and it worked flawless. I upgraded sequentially probably 5 versions to the latest with no issues. I was going to make a full guide but the 7608 is an old nvr and people have moved on. I also purchased blueiris to set up my cameras and alerts which I must still finish..

Back