01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Updating firmware on DS-7P32NI-K2

torsky

Hello,

I've a peculiar NVR model DS-7P32NI-K2
1617380214488.png
running on a very old build v3.4.106 build 190702
By going through firmware files available here I believe, this is a K2 series model.
However, I noticed, the parent directory specifically mentions 76,77,86 NI-K2,K3,K4 with an absence of 7P

I see, v3.4.106 build 190702 was published 2019-10-07 So my questions are as follows:
  1. Is this directory of firmwares valid for 7P models as well?
  2. If so, is it safe to flash the latest firmware v4.30.061 build210313 published on 2021-03-23?
  3. Do I need to incrementally flash all firmware's published after v3.4.106 build 190702 one by one all the way up to the latest v4.30.061 build210313, or can I flash the latest directly?
Thank you!

Hi @torsky

As your model is not listed as compatible on the release notes for the 76xx-K2 firmware I would not recommend updating with this firmware as it likely will not work and if it does you may lose functionality specific to your 7P model.

The 7P series is something we have never seen before and from a quick google search of your model it would appear that the 7P range may be specific to India as the only official Hikvision product page coming up when I search is from the Hikvision India website.

You will see on the India site that there is a firmware download section under the support tab so I would recommend creating an account with the India website and trying to download the firmware from their portal.

Hello @Dan

Thank you for your reply. I was just informed by Prama-Hikvision India via email to upgrade to v3.4.107-190927 which they suggested to me to download from their private FTP server.
Interestingly, upon calculating the SHA-256 of the one I downloaded from their FTP server and the one available publicly on hikvisioneurope.com/portal here, they came out to be the same.
  1. Does, this mean am I free to upgrade to newer firmware offered for [76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8] for my 7P series as well? Their FTP server also lists other versions for K-series (screengrabs attached)
  2. If yes, can you please suggest a safe path for incremental updates?
Currently, I'm unable to use the email alarms (email delivery will always fail no matter what SMTP server I use) and have to access the streams via the ietabs extension for Chrome. I believe, newer versions will allow me to natively play streams on newer web browsers and close any security holes.

1618224713895.png
Capture.PNG

Hi @torsky

Good to hear you have found a compatible firmware.

In regards to updating further, I really can't give you a confident answer. As mentioned in my previous replies we have no experience with this particular model of NVR, so we cannot be sure if newer firmware that is not specifically stated as compatible will work or not.

Back