01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

upgrade path for DS-2CD2132-I

JohnnyJWW

Hello,

I've got a DS-2CD2132-I which is running firmware V5.0.2 130805. I'd like to upgrade it to the latest version but wanted to check if I can go straight to V5.4.0 or if I have to go through other updates.
Any advice and links to files that I'd need would be very appreciated.

Cheers,

Johnny

v5.4.0 was the first release from Hikvision that explicitly warned against skipping intermediate versions, so you're right to double-check. Their warning is as per below:

Please follow the steps to upgrade: V5.2.0->V5.3.0->V5.4.0

Skipping intermediate versions in upgrading may cause unpredicable problems
In your case, it'd probably be best to also upgrade to v5.1.0 first too.

All of these updates can be downloaded from the Hikvision European download portal. Make sure you have a Western Region model of camera first before updating and not a grey-import Chinese model, or you'll brick your camera.

Hi and thanks for your advice, it's appreciated. I bought this camera at the same time as another one in your shop and am still impressed by your customer service, thank you.
I'm having problems trying to upgrade the camera to 5.1.X. From the download portal I've grabbed these 3 versions, unpacked them and tried to use the remote upgrade firmware bit of the web-interface:

* V5.1.2-140116
* V5.1.6-140412
* V5.1.6-140612

I'm running windows 10 and have installed and activated the webcomponents plugin. Have tried Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers too with no joy. Once I select the digicap.dav file and click upgrade, it just says 'upgrading failed' on each of those 3 firmwares.
Even tried going to V5.2.0-140721 but that gives the same error, so I'm thinking that something is my fault.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Johnny

Best to stick with Firefox for now as it's the most reliable browser with Hikvision products.

Are you currently using a wireless connection from your PC to your LAN? Wireless connections frequently cause update failures with Hikvision devices, so if possible please try a wired connection and attempt the firmware update again.

Thank you, that sorted it. I switched to my mac which is on a wired connection and that worked a treat with firefox and the plugin, my cam is now on V5.4.0 thanks for your help.
Cheers,

Johnny

Thank you, that sorted it. I switched to my mac which is on a wired connection and that worked a treat with firefox and the plugin, my cam is now on V5.4.0 thanks for your help.
Cheers,

Johnny
Hi Johnny
I noticed that you had the same problem I have got now with my 10 x DS-2CD2132-I model witch has the Firmware version V5.1.0 131202, I have tried finding all the update version but it seems too long ago. I was hopefully wondering if you have kept the various versions and if so would you be able to either attach them here or email them to me at kev1n.wmjacob@gmail.com
Hopefull
Kevin

You'll find them here:

Make sure you clear your browser history after each upgrade as at some point (5.3 IIRC) the directory structure changes and you'll be unable to open the page. You will also reach a point where you're forced to activate the camera with a secure password - if you have your 10 cameras connected via an NVR you'll be swearing a lot as the NVR will submit the wrong (existing) password to the cameras and get locked out. It's easiest to just factory default each camera when you've finished upgrading so that the NVR activates the camera with its admin password when you reconnect it via plug and play.

Last edited:
You'll find them here:

Make sure you clear your browser history after each upgrade as at some point (5.3 IIRC) the directory structure changes and you'll be unable to open the page. You will also reach a point where you're forced to activate the camera with a secure password - if you have your 10 cameras connected via an NVR you'll be swearing a lot as the NVR will submit the wrong (existing) password to the cameras and get locked out. It's easiest to just factory default each camera when you've finished upgrading so that the NVR activates the camera with its admin password when you reconnect it via plug and play.
JB thank ypu for that post I have downloaded the firmwares and as I am looking at trying out a ClourVu and Acusense cameras so replacing a couple with the Turret type to see if I get rid of the Dome night glare that builds up over time plus the many of false night movements due to spider etc.
All My cameras are accessed via Synology NAS via their Survailence App, to access the Config area I use a web browser and it alway wants me to input the various details so hopefully that might alivaite the problem still no doubt i will find out over the weekend.
Is that where the firmware update for the DS-2CD2132 -I ends, at V5.4.41?
I have also been looking for my other bullet Cameras DS-2CD2T63G0-I5 Firmware V5.5.5 build 180301 and so far I can not find that model in the Hikvision portal data wondering if you may have an idea? Hivision certainly dont make it easy.
Again Thank you for your Help

JB thank ypu for that post I have downloaded the firmwares and as I am looking at trying out a ClourVu and Acusense cameras so replacing a couple with the Turret type to see if I get rid of the Dome night glare that builds up over time plus the many of false night movements due to spider etc.
All My cameras are accessed via Synology NAS via their Survailence App, to access the Config area I use a web browser and it alway wants me to input the various details so hopefully that might alivaite the problem still no doubt i will find out over the weekend.
Is that where the firmware update for the DS-2CD2132 -I ends, at V5.4.41?
I have also been looking for my other bullet Cameras DS-2CD2T63G0-I5 Firmware V5.5.5 build 180301 and so far I can not find that model in the Hikvision portal data wondering if you may have an idea? Hivision certainly dont make it easy.
Again Thank you for your Help

If you're connecting to them directly you should have no issues there. Yes the 2132-I ends at 5.4.41 as it's quite old now. The models you are looking to try are vastly superior particularly with regard to low light. The AcuSense won't filter out all false alerts but it does work very well with the latest firmware adding a target validity setting so you can fine tune it further.

For all models it's best to find the Excel spreadsheet on the portal that shows which camera models use which platform (your 2132's being R0). Once you know that it's very simple to navigate straight to the latest version.

Edit: 5.4.5 is the latest version as @Phil says. I pointed you to the EU portal as the UK one didn't have the earlier versions that you needed.

Hello i have a problem a research a firmware for this cam but the version 5.4.5 have a big problem of security did you have alternative ??

the big problem of security : http://ip of your cam/system/deviceInfo?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

Sorry i am french

Hi @maxence

We are not aware of a security issue with the 5.4.5 firmware, where have you seen this security issue reported? Do you have a link?

I thought that issue being mentioned was on various versions below 5.4.5.

Last edited:
My 2132 is V5.0.2 130805. I do not see firmware pre V5.4.0 Does anyone know where one can obtain the earlier firmware versions?

Hello,

I've got a DS-2CD2132-I which is running firmware V5.0.2 130805. I'd like to upgrade it to the latest version but wanted to check if I can go straight to V5.4.0 or if I have to go through other updates.
Any advice and links to files that I'd need would be very appreciated.

Cheers,

Johnny
Good day. You would not perhaps still have the firmware versions prior to V5.4.0? I too am on V5.0.2.130805

I can't remember if it's after 5.2.0 or 5.3.0 as it's been a while since I've updated a (firmware) version that far out of date... you'll lose access to the camera (page not found) until you've deleted temporary internet files. It's best to clear the browser history after each update. When the webpage does come back up you'll need to activate the camera with a secure password, as insecure passwords are not permitted after that version.

Reactions: Dan
I can't remember if it's after 5.2.0 or 5.3.0 as it's been a while since I've updated a (firmware) version that far out of date... you'll lose access to the camera (page not found) until you've deleted temporary internet files. It's best to clear the browser history after each update. When the webpage does come back up you'll need to activate the camera with a secure password, as insecure passwords are not permitted after that version.
Thank you for the heads-up. I will be sure to do so.

Reactions: Dan
Back