01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

upgrading issues - DS-2CD2332-I

Ade123

Hi

have the above camera, worked outs its R0 and have all the current downloads available (I assume i have to do incremental - (5.4.0/5.4.41/5.4.5)

Its running a really old version at present (5.1.6) and trying to upgrade to 5.4.0 just gives an error "upgrading failed"

Have tried through IE/FF, but in c:\ directory, fails every time, do I need to upgrade to earlier versions first (and if so where can i find them)

thanks in advance
Adrian

Hi @Ade123

yes, if you are that far behind on firmware we would definitely recommend updating to much older versions first, you will find these in the 'Phased Out' folder on the EU portal - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Also, make sure you are updating in Internet Explorer as other browsers are prone to update issues especially when the camera is running firmware this old.

You shouldn't have to update 1 version at a time, I would try updating to the next available version (v5.2.0) and then jump up in full sub-versions (e.g. v5.3.x / v5.4.x / etc...) if you experience issue making those jumps then you may need to go one version at a time.

Back