01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Want to buy HikVision cameras but have worries about fakes !

Robbie09

Hi,

I’m planning on installing a HikVision setup at my home,well this was supposed to happen in March but due to you know what it got delayed !!
Now as I’m a plasterer I’ve been off work 9 weeks,now I can go back , can’t get any plaster as the manufactures have been off.
So I’m now going to have a go at buying and installing myself to try and save some money..

I’m looking at cameras on eBay and Amazon

I’ve read this thread but am now a little confused

From the research I’ve done I believe I need a western region cameras and NOT. Chinese ones.
According to the thread above the serial number needs to have WR in it and be in English
And if the camera has CH in it it’s chinese.

I’ve attached a picture I’m looking at and it’s in English which I believe is good
But the serial number starts with a C not WR and not CH

So a little confused..

Any help really appreciated.

Attachments

• B2322E38-8E3F-413E-B6BB-03AA1A2CCCDF.png
    B2322E38-8E3F-413E-B6BB-03AA1A2CCCDF.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,008
That serial number, that you can see on the label, is a shortened version - for use when registering the camera with Hik-Connect etc.
I'm not sure whether the full serial number is still shown on product / package labels.
You may need to access SADP to see the full number.

1590740404892.png

How do I access SADP ?

And what would I have to do ?
Input the serial number I have ?

I’ve downloaded the SADP

But after reading the tutorial that stands for “Search active devices protocols”

My device isn’t active as I’ve not bought yet ?

So it’s not going to tell me anything about serial numbers ?

If you do not yet have the camera, then you will have to ask the person who does to either verify OR provide you with the full serial number.

You can bet that the vast majority (if not all) of all cameras on Amazon and Ebay are Chinese. Worse, they are Chinese with hacked firmware for the English speaking market, so they brick on your first attempt to upgrade the firmware. Stay far away and buy from a reputable dealer.

Back