01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Wanting to replace a camera

Wessy83

Evening all,

We have a Hikvision system comprising of a DVR and 2 dome cameras. The front camera has some additional features such as line crossing detection but the rear doesn't. The rear has started to go faulty and I would like to replace it with a unit similar to the front but there's so many out there I'm not sure which one to order. I think they're poe cameras as they are attached to the DVR by cat5 adapters.

Can anyone recommend a camera I could order?

Many thanks and sorry to be so vague (printers and photocopiers are my game not cameras )

The DVR is a DS-7204HGHI-SH, is there any way of finding out what the cameras are without taking them off the wall?

I think that if you are happy with the front camera then it will actually be simplest to get up close and see what model it is.

You have a DVR (Digital Video Recorder) - for analogue / co-ax cameras.
If your cameras are connected with network cable / RJ45 connectors, then it suggests that it is a hybrid DVR (can accept analogue/co-ax and network cameras).
Odd to use a DVR if you ONLY have network cameras connected.
Hybrid DVRs, depending on model and vintage, have particular limitations to what IP cameras you can connect e.g. typically only 1 or 2, and often with a maximum resolution limitation e.g. up to 2MP.

Back