01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What’s the difference between the iDS-7700NXI-I4(/16P)/16S(B) and the iDS-7700NXI-I4(/16P)/X(B)

Stevews

I have been thinking about purchasing a Hikvision NVR for quite sometime now and having looked at the various series and models on the Hikvision website I am particularly interested in the DeepinMind Series because I would like to reduce the number of false alarms by utilising the latest smart human and/or vehicle analytics.

I currently have a Hikvision DS-2DF7286-AEL, Hikvision DS-2DF8236IX-AELW and a Dahua DH-SD59225U-HNI which I would like to connect to a NVR and in the near future add further Hikvision PoE supported cameras on an ad-hoc basis.

Having looked at the data sheet I thought I had reached a decision to purchase the iDS-7700NXI-I4(/16P)/16S(B), however I then came across the iDS-7700NXI-I4(/16P)/X(B).

Having compared the two data sheets I’m still not sure what the primary differences between these two models are.

I then downloaded the user manual which covers both models and more and the only difference I could see was the following reference:-

S(B) series only support Perimeter Protection mode

Would someone please be kind enough to explain what they believe is the difference between the iDS-7700NXI-I4(/16P)/16S(B) and iDS-7700NXI-I4(/16P)/X(B) Series.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Would someone please be kind enough to explain what they believe is the difference between the iDS-7700NXI-I4(/16P)/16S(B) and iDS-7700NXI-I4(/16P)/X(B) Series.

The 16S model supports the AcuSense human/vehicle detection and false alarm reduction on 16-channels, the X model features face detection/recognition on 16-channels as well as the same AcuSense features as 16S model.

None of the PTZ you currently have fully support any of the above features, you will need AcuSense Cameras to access all the AcuSense features supported by both NVRs. Also to use the face recognition features you will need to use DeepinView cameras

The 2 NVRs you are looking at are some of the top spec models Hikvision produces and this means 2 things, they are very expensive (the smallest 16S model is over £1,700) and due to the cost very little stock of these models are held in the Hikvision UK/EU warehouses and so you will likely end up having very long lead-times to fetch from the manufacturer.

Our recommendation would be to just go for the top spec 7700 I-Series models like the ones below:

DS-7716NI-I4/16P
DS-7732NI-I4/16P
DS-7732NI-I4/24P

Back