01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What am I missing regarding buying cctv equipment?

Dave911

So I have a wireless system at the moment which is fine for what I need except the battery life isn't quite what they state. I've had enough of climbing ladders so I'm going for a wired version. Hikvision colorvu is my 1st choice but what a palarva just comparing prices.
What's the deal with a lot of sites needing a login and then to find out it's trade only? Why not sell to the public? I'm finding getting a price an issue, getting to sell to the public an issue and then getting everything I need in stock an issue. The days are long gone when an "expert" is needed to install anything of this nature anymore so why is the cctv industry lagging behind? This site seems far friendlier than any other I've seen with the forum anyone could need for support. If only the stock levels had everything I wanted.

Hi @Dave911

Sorry to hear you are having issues comparing prices, unfortunately, the "login for prices" is something that all authorised Hikvision distributors/resellers must have in place. Hikvision has seen problems with unauthorised sellers popping up on sights like Amazon & eBay who are often selling non-UK/Grey import Hikvision stock at cheaper prices, so they implemented the login for prices rule for all authorised sellers as a marker for those that are selling authorised UK stock.

If you want confirmation of price and stock availability you can always drop an email with the list of items you are after to info@use-ip.co.uk and we can put a quote together for you with details of the stock/lead-times.

Back