01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What are the Specific mods to the ds 7608 I2 / 8p fans etc?

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
So looking on line there seems to be a common theme with replacing the fans. Which are the model of fan ie size and make that is best recommended for this unit and what is the power brick mod for and what does it do?

The "power brick mod" won't apply to the I series you're looking at as the PSU is internal. As I mentioned in the other post though, you'll get a minimal effect from the quieter fan once the lid is put back on - most of the noise is the air flowing through the perforations in the lid not the fan itself (I tested/proved this using the sound meter on my Apple Watch) - you'll not hear it from within the cupboard/loft.

The "power brick mod" won't apply to the I series you're looking at as the PSU is internal. As I mentioned in the other post though, you'll get a minimal effect from the quieter fan once the lid is put back on - most of the noise is the air flowing through the perforations in the lid not the fan itself (I tested/proved this using the sound meter on my Apple Watch) - you'll not hear it from within the cupboard/loft.
unless you rip out the internal PSU :cool: , the case fan on the side is noisy when pushing the air through the side of the lid..

Back