01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What Cameras and NVR for Rural Setup?

Whisper

Im looking at getting a Hikvision system but I'm stuck on the following options, we are in a rural area so there's not much ambient light:

4MP DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL or 8MP DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL

Also the NVR, I Need an 8 channel, POE that works with the acusence Technology:

IDS-7208HUHI-M1/FA 8MP or DS-7608NI-I2/8P (B) 8

Thanks in advance, I've been going round in circles all weekend :(

Hi @Whisper

If you are going with the AcuSense cameras and your scene is very dark then we would recommend the 8MP 2386G2 model for the best detail in low-light/IR scenes.

The other option for very dark scenes instead of the AcuSense is the ColorVu models, you can see in this comparison video that the ColorVu models use a larger sensor, larger aperture, and a built-in white LED floodlight (optional) to achieve a colour image at night. Also, the latest G2 ColorVu models like the DS-2CD2347G2-LU feature the AcuSense Smart Events features as well as the ColorVu tech.

For the recorder we would recommend the 7608NI-I2/8P I-series NVR because it offers full support for the AcuSense features, the 7208 model you have listed above is actually a hybrid DVR which is designed mainly for use with analog TurboHD cameras, it will support IP cameras but there can be limitations especially when using 8MP camera models. If it is a brand new IP system we would recommend just sticking with an I-series 7608NI-I2/8P NVR.

Thank you! Great info, so I guess I'll go for the 7608NI-i2/8P I-series NVR

So the next thing is which cameras to choose, either the 8mp 2386G2 or the Ds-2cd2347g2-lu

Thanks again

Reactions: Dan
Thank you! Great info, so I guess I'll go for the 7608NI-i2/8P I-series NVR

So the next thing is which cameras to choose, either the 8mp 2386G2 or the Ds-2cd2347g2-lu

Thanks again
How will you be connecting the cameras to the NVR?

Yes that's right.
Are all your network device ethernet ports (router / switches) capable of Gigabit ethernet?
Have you thought about what size hard drives you'll need for the NVR and how long you want to store the data? @Dan may have a link to this.

I'm planning to run individual cables from the 8mp 2386G2 cameras back to the 7608NI-i2/8P I-series NVR, I'm going to run a HDMI cable from the NVR to the monitor and then use a USB over RJ45 to extend the mouse cable back to the NVR. Then running a cat5e from the NVR to our Router.

Do I need to check that the router is compatible?

I'm planning to run individual cables from the 8mp 2386G2 cameras back to the 7608NI-i2/8P I-series NVR, I'm going to run a HDMI cable from the NVR to the monitor and then use a USB over RJ45 to extend the mouse cable back to the NVR. Then running a cat5e from the NVR to our Router.

Do I need to check that the router is compatible?
Just make sure the router ethernet interfaces are gigabit.
Thinking of the NVR video output resolution (this is adjustable). How long will your HDMI cable be?

Back