01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What drives Hikvision camera datasheet changes?

trickadero

I've noticed this morning that the DORI of the 2.8mm 2CD2347G2-LU now only lists 2 metres for identify:

The data on the spec sheet is 2020, same date as the one linked on the useip product page, but there the identify distance is listed at 6 metres:

Other DORI + FoV has also changed though less significant. I haven't been through the rest of the specifications in detail.

Which is correct and if it has changed what has caused that change? Firmware? Hardware? Is this a common occurrence and it's important to check and query with supplier before every purchase?

I've noticed this morning that the DORI of the 2.8mm 2CD2347G2-LU now only lists 2 metres for identify:

The data on the spec sheet is 2020, same date as the one linked on the useip product page, but there the identify distance is listed at 6 metres:

Other DORI + FoV has also changed though less significant. I haven't been through the rest of the specifications in detail.

Which is correct and if it has changed what has caused that change? Firmware? Hardware? Is this a common occurrence and it's important to check and query with supplier before every purchase?
I'd not noticed the change. It could be (I'm only guessing) that the earlier shows the data for the G3 platform model and the later has been updated for the G5 platform version (C revision). As the part number didn't change it wouldn't be obvious.

Actually I'm not sure it's not just a mistake. I can't believe that it's only 2 metres....

The data sheets I have on file show 6 metres for that model and the one for the LSU/SL variant shows 5.8 metres. For the 'Ultra' 3347 it also shows only 2.

Last edited:
I'd not noticed the change. It could be (I'm only guessing) that the earlier shows the data for the G3 platform model and the later has been updated for the G5 platform version (C revision). As the part number didn't change it wouldn't be obvious.

Actually I'm not sure it's not just a mistake. I can't believe that it's only 2 metres....

The data sheets I have on file show 6 metres for that model and the one for the LSU/SL variant shows 5.8 metres. For the 'Ultra' 3347 it also shows only 2.
2 metres is ridiculous right? My first thought was mistake too... will have to keep an eye on it for a correction.

2 metres is ridiculous right? My first thought was mistake too... will have to keep an eye on it for a correction.
Yeah I'd say so as the Depth of Field (Hyperfocal Distance) is 2.5 metres and only beyond that distance is the camera determined to be in sharp focus.

They've confirmed that this is a mistake and asked me to pass on their thanks for flagging this - it should be 6m and will be updated!

Back