01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What settings on my image

JulioFr1ch

Hello everyone, I have a ds-2cd2t42wd-i5 4mp hikvision camera, but watch the picture with brightness only from 3pm to 6pm the image is very dark on the left
how to fix this because i don't have the HLC only WDR and Backlight ??

Attachments

• Image-1 (2).png
    Image-1 (2).png
    4.2 MB · Views: 208
Hi @JulioFr1ch

There is very little you can do to make that area of the image brighter without affecting the rest of the image.

You can try going to Configuration > Image > Display Settings > Exposure settings and adjust the exposure time to let more light into the sensor. By default, the time is usually set to 1/25 and if you slow that exposure time down - 1/12, 1/3, etc... - you will let more light into the sensor which makes the darker areas of the scene brighter, but at the same time it will also make the bright areas even brighter which might make those areas look overexposed.

The only way to see a substantial improvement would be to upgrade to a newer camera model with more advanced hardware (e.g. newer lenses, more powerful sensors, etc...) and if colour/brightness are key to you might want to consider a ColorVu model like the DS-2CD2T47G2-L 4MP ColorVu Fixed Bullet Network Camera which will deliver more detail in those dark areas (see this YouTube demo), but if your scene is very dark at night you may have issues because although the camera has built-in white LED floodlights they are very bright and stay on all the time it is dark enough for them to be needed which can be very irritating if the cameras are installed in a residential area. (the newer G2 model do support the light coming on with event triggers but this is not 100% reliable) You can disable the built-in lights completely, but if the scene is very dark with no ambient lighting (e.g. streetlights, security lights, etc...) then it may be too dark to achieve a good colour image without the built-in lights.

Back